Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#72238] Hordaland, Fjell bygdebok II - Jacob Nielsen born 1860 Midtsøe, Herdla, Manger

Gjest Max Ward
 Del

Reference: Jakob Nielsen born 1860 on Midtsøe in Herdla, Manger with parents Niels Olsen and Lisbeth Torgersdtr. See the family here in the 1865 census:LenkeI am seeking information from Fjell bygdebok II for Løno bnr 11.The brother of my wife’s great grandfather was Jakob Nilsson, born 6 May 1860 in Misje to father Niels Olsen, mother Lisbet Torgersdatter. The family moved to Landro and Jakob married Anna Tomasdatter Hitsoy in 1886 and then Synnøve Henriksdtr in 1904.I am not sure when the family moved to Løno but I know that Jakob died there on 1 May 1930. I have a lot of information about their children and believe that at least 2 or 3 children emigrated to the US, probably meeting up with their uncle Jens Nilsson, who changed his name to James Nelson, who was my wife’s great grandfather.I would love to get whatever information exists in the bygdebok for Jakob Nilsson’s family because we would like to make contact with current relatives. Ironically, my wife and I just returned from a trip to Norway, where we visited Landro (also in Fjell) and found a cousin there.I don’t know if you have the ability to scan the pages from the bygdebok for the family but, if you can, I would gladly pay for any costs you might incur.Thanks, Max Ward

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

I suppose you have your wife's great grandfather's emigration (Jens Nilsen Landro)? [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=2&filnamn=EMIBERG&gardpostnr=28971&merk=28971#ovre>Lenke Did he have a great grandnephew who emigrated too? It seems so: LenkeHis birth: Kildeinformasjon: Hordaland fylke, Fjell i Fjell, Klokkerbok nr. A 5 (1899-1918), Fødte og døpte 1906, side 58. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeFather is Nils Torgersen Landro, born in 1878 who is the son of Torger Nilsen Landro (n. 31): Kildeinformasjon: Hordaland fylke, Fjell i Fjell, Klokkerbok nr. A 2 (1871-1879), Fødte og døpte 1878, side 49. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjellaug R. Petit

Here is Torger Nilsen Landro (the eldest brother) with family in 1900. His father Nils is a widower then and lives with them: [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=4&filnamn=f01246&gardpostnr=244&personpostnr=1557#nedre>LenkeTorger married: LenkeTorger died: LenkeThis must be his sister Oline with family: LenkeOline died: LenkeLisbeth/Elisabeth Torgersdtr died in 1896:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Kjellaug,Thank you very much! I have most of the information you noted but had missed the great grandnephew altogether. I have his parents but generally have trouble finding children born after the 1900 census unless they show up in a bygdebok. The cousin we met with in Landro this Summer was descended from Jens Nilsen's brother Torger, who was this Torger's grandfather. (Incidentally, the islands of Fjell and north are breathtakingly beautiful. Our cousins back in the US could not understand why Jens left when they saw our photographs)Jens Nilsen Landro had at least 6 nieces and nephews who came to North America, often giving him as their contact in the US when they arrived.I will have to look for Torger Nilsen Landro (the one born in 1906) in Canada.Thanks again, Max

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.