Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#72311] Nicolai Olavus Berg --- born: July 14, 1835

Gjest Denis Hector Ouellette (Berg)
 Del

I am visiting Norway in November and I hope to create a connection with relatives there. My Great Great Grandparents were from Norway.Nicolai Olavus Berg Born: July 14, 1835 in Norway Died: January 26, 1917 in Bloomer, Wisconsin 1900 Census from Bloomer shows Nicolai as immigrated to USA in 1865 and landed at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania He met Annetta Lie and they married in Chippewa County, Wisconsin, November 17, 1872.Annetta Lie Born: January 15, 1846 in Norway Died: in Alberta, Canada, October 23, 1920 1900 Census shows Annetta as having immigrated to USA in 1868. They had several children: Martin, George, Olaf, Dena, Gunda, and possibly one more.Now I am looking for where did Annetta land in the USA? What ships did they sail on? What part of Norway were they born in? Parents? Siblings? Religion? Education? Did they know each other in Norway?It seems that any information helps the discovery of new data, so please don't hesitate to reply if any details from above seem familiar to you.Takk skal du ha

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you very much Johan.I will have to do some cross referencing to confirm, but that is very helpful information.Excellent :)Denis

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Denis,someone posted information that Anetta Marie Lie was born 15 Jan 1846 in Honefoss,Buskerud.Its possible Nicolais mothers name of Lee is actually Lie.There is a farm called Lie in Honefoss but Anetta is not found there in 1865.Was Marie Anettas second name? Father was Hance Lie? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Denis,the problem of trying to find people in Norway in the 1800s is because many used their farm names in the US and Canada when they emigrated.I looked in the passenger lists for Anetta in 1868 but she is not found with any surname.If you have more information,please post it.Every little bit helps. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

It occured to me whoever posted the information for Anetta Lee ( Lie ) possibly misunderstood her fathers name.Hans in Norwegian sounds like Hance.And there is a Hans Lie in Hønefos in 1865 could be her father. RonLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jan H. Trelsgård

Annette Hansdatter Lie, born January 15th 1846, baptized June 1st 1846 is found here in the digitised parish registers for Norderhov (Hønefoss): Lenke Parents: Farver Hans Andreas Lie, Dorthe Mikkelsdatter S. Hønefos.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hello Ron,Thank you for your efforts.I have Anetta's information. Hans is indeed her father. She was born in Honefoss, Buskerud.At this point, I have made contact with living relatives in Honefoss and we are meshing our information to arrive at what we belive is correct, after cross referencing from both sides!Anetta is buried in Bloomer, Wisconsin. I have pictures of her headstone along side of Nicolai Olavus.Nicolai had two brothers who also emigrated to Bloomer, Wisconsin: Otto and Lauritz. Their parents were Martin Christoffer Larsen Berg and Marte Marie Christofferdtr Lie. I've received a lot of information and even pictures of these gentlemen and the ladies. Lots to process!!! Which is certainly better than nothing :)I do get confused by the dattar and sen additions in the names. To me it appears like there was a shortage of names to choose from!!Thanks again for looking on the passenger lists. It is appreciated.Denis

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

That is great Denis.In the past few months I have been contacted by cousins in Norway I did not know existed. As for the surnames that was a common practice. Jensdatter was the daughter of Jens.Jensen was the son of Jens.The problem was knowing what farm they came from so you could figure out which was the family.In the larger cities the surname was passed down so it was easier.And many used the farm name through generations so you knew where that family came from.Itv takes awhile to get the hang of it. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.