Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#72364] 10-års kr.?

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

In the bygdebok for Tjugen (in Loen), I read this entry:Johannes (Magnesen) utk. i 10-års kr.I think this means that Johannes died in a war. I googled the 10-years war, but got only references to a Spanish war in the 19th century. I found a reference to the 30-years war involving Norway, but that was before Johannes was born (he was 16 in 1701).Can anywone help me?Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Helge Seglsten

The 10-year war between Sweden and Denmark/Norway startet in 1709. 'Utk', only means that he was enlisted to fight in the war, so he didn't neccesarily get killed. I guess other sources will reveal that.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Tore & Arnfrid.Unfortunately, I am not so good at reading/writing Norwegian. I think you asked me if I knew what company Johannes was in. No, I don't know that. The bygdebok showed only that one sentence.Johannes was the brother of my 6th great grandfather, Jørgen Magnesen Tjugen.So, is there an English name for this war? Who was Norway fighting?Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Per & Rune!I got confused about the abreviation utk. Thanks for clarifying that, and also for the information about the war with Sweden. Wikipedia refers to it as The Great Northern War (1700-1721), with Denmark-Norway, Saxony-Poland & Russia on one side and Sweden on the other.What I found interesting was that Bohuslän was formerly part of Norway. This is of particular interest to me, because my father's grandparents were born there. This discovery was not good news for my aunts and uncles, who had no idea they had Swedish ancestors. So... maybe this will soften the blow!Rune, I don't see Johann mentioned in the bygdebok other than to say that he went to war. Do you know when & where he died? Also... the bygdebok states that his brother Knut 'bs. i Brg.' Does that mean that he went to Bergen?Again, thanks to all who responded.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arnfrid Mæland

'Skiftet er holdt hos ekteparet Magne Knudsen og Marite Johansdatter 30. november 1714. Han hadde vært gift tidligere med Christi Olsdatter, og hadde datteren Brite Magnesdtr, gift med Abraham Loen med henne. Med Marite hadde han tre barn: Johannes Magnesen, i Kongens tjeneste, Jørgen Magnesen Tiuven, Christi Magnesdatter, g.m. Lars Troeølsen Aaning.'

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.