Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#72665] new information on George Anderson born 23/11/1892 in Oslo

Gjest Julie Leigh
 Del

Gjest Julie Leigh

We have discovered: 1. His birthplace. 2.He was in Scotland by 1897. Therefore he could have left Norway 1892-1897. I will now search Oslo baptism registers and police emigrant lists. Please could you tell me whether his father's surname will be Anderson or will his christian name be Anders?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristine Coan

Hi Julie, I guess the answer is we cannot be sure. I would guess it is most likely that the family surname is Andersen, but was it a child born within marriage or outside marriage?If you are absolutely sure of his birth date and that he was born in Oslo, I would look for a Georg or equivalent in the baptism registers and see if the parents/parent name could fit. I would doubt you would have many Georgs born on exactly the same day.You could doublecheck any findings in the 1900 census in Oslo, so if that Georg is there, he is unlikely to be yours.Having tried to find baptisms in Oslo without knowing where exactly the parents lived, I wish you luck as it can take time.Kristine

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.