Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73169] Berent Jorgensen & Karen Tostensdatter

Gjest Carrol Press
 Del

Gjest Carrol Press

This marriage took place Feb 23, 1766, Eidsberg, Ostfold, Chronological list Page 29. Berent's name in this document is Moen-Sondre, Karen's looks like Sullerud (after surname Tostensdtr). Are Moen-Sondre & Sullerud farm names. If so exactly where are these farms located? Also is there any way to find further information on this couple, i.e. a death record, other than leafing through & reading all digitized parish registers? Thank you for assistance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carrol Press

Eva Tomter - thank you for this information! Did I interpret names Moen-Sondre and Sullerud correctly? Are these farm names? I wasn't able to find a correct location through Google search. On said search Skullerud not located in Ostfold so I'm confused.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carrol Press

Eva, again thank you. I do have 1801 census, & Berent aware of details except I didn't know he was poor. I have ancestry for Olia but cannot find anything on Ole Brynildsen except for marriage to Olia, no birth, no parents, no confirmation, no banns record, nothing! Yesterday I sent a query under Johannes Olsen so previous research would be evident. Could you help with information on Ole? I see Ole(s) in Holden but not in Eidsberg where he is a day labourer on farm Sondre Langenæs.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva Tomter

Baptised 1776 Dom 13 a Trinit Bryil Olsen og (and) Pernille Olsdatters barn (child) Ole; test (godparents) Ragnil Xstophersd., Ingela Iversd., Xstopher Olsen, Rasmus Toralfsen, Axel Olsen.1776.09.01. No farm-name. Xstopher = Christopher.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva Tomter

The wedding: 2. november (1758) Brynild Olsen og Pernille Olsdatter, spons Anders Levernaes og Lars Hofsteen? Lenke No 10 to the left. But it may be another couple.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carrol Press

According to the marriage record for Ole Brynildsen to Olea Berntsdatter, Ole should have been born about 1769. Marriage Eidsberg 1786-1807, 1799 Page 95. I believe the record states Ole was 30 years of age. I know sometimes the age in records isn't correct but I usually find they are close, however, I have found the Norwegian parish records to be very accurate so I'm not certain that this Ole b. 1776 is the correct person. Do you have any other ideas? There are three Ole b. in Holand, 1 born 1769, 1 b. 1770 & 1 b. 1771, the latter 2 being born to Brynild Olsen & Isabella Margareth Andreasdtr. I assume the 1st Ole b. to this couple died & they named their 2nd son Ole as well. The first Ole b. 1769 was born to Brynild Madsen & Gurie Knudsdtr. I don't know the proximity of Holden to Eidsberg but since Ole was a day labourer and not the farm owner I thought he may have come from somewhere other than Eidsberg. I just looked at birth & confirmation records for Rakkestad for the approximate time period and didn't find any name that resembled Ole Brynildsen except for the report you have provided. I appreciate your assistance & thank you!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øivind Larsen

Ole Brynildsen was at Sondre Langenes and Olia Berntsdatter was at Elsnes when they married. I think we talk about Sondre Langenes in Eidsberg. Elsnes and Sondre Langenes are situated quite close to each other.Whether Ole Brynildsen is born in Eidsberg or not I cannot say. He is not confirmed in Eidsberg as far as I can see.I m a descendant of Torsten Tjostelsen and Ingeborg Svendsdatter and have some information about them and their family. My English is not good enough to translate what I have, so if someone could do that you can have the information that I have.Øivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Eva Tomter

Neighbouring parish to Eidsberg: Marker, Troegstad, Askim, Skiptvet, Rakkestad, Aurskog-Hoeland. In Hoeland we find the only father called Brynjulf (not Brynil) 1769.04.30 [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=7575&idx_id=7575&uid=ny&idx_side=-142>Lenke Parents Brynjulf Madzen og Guri Knudsdatter. They married 1748 Lenke But then he was called Brynild. Christened Brynnild 1722.03.31 Lenke Father Madz Stomperud? Suitable candidate for mother Guri Knudsdatter christened 1728.03.05

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carrol Press

Eva, a previous researcher told me there could be various spellings for name Brynildsen. In the marriage record Ole's name looks like Brynjulsen and the signature at bottome of the document appears to be different again. In the 1801 Census Ole's surname is Brynulfsen. The above Brynjulf Madzen & Guri Knudsdatter seem good candidates but I will have to find further confirmation. There is no confirmation record in Eidsberg for Ole so I am convinced he was not born there & Holand (Heoland) seems to hold various records for Brynildsen but I couldn't find a confirmation record there either.Øivind Larsen - thank you for your response as well. I would be interested in your family information. I can get a translation through Google as long as it's not a parish record as I haven't been able to figure out how to get Google to translate those. My connection to this family is through the son of Ole & Olea, Johannes, his son Bernt, his son Emil & Emil's daughter, Mathilde Antionette Berntsen b. 1879. Mathilde is my maternal grandmother. Mathilde's daughter, Olga Katrine Elise Johannessen b. 1903 in Vestby is my mother. Thank you for your assistance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øivind Larsen

Carrol, Do you have an email adress I can send my information to. It is too much to present it here.The name of Brynil/Brynjulf may be written in many ways, so if can be hard to say what it was written like when he was baptized. But I am quite sure he is not baptized in Eidsberg.Øivind

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.