Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73223] Birth of a Scottish citizen in Norway around 1838 - help please

Gjest Ian Macdonald
 Del

Gjest Ian Macdonald

My great great grandfather Charles Johnson (or Johnston), according to Scottish census records, was born in Norway around 1838/39 but registered as a British Subject - implying that his father was British. His parents were John Johnson and Christina Lawson and I know that John was first a ships carpenter and then a 'traveller in timber'. I assume therefore that John was living and working in Norway at the time of Charles' birth and presumably was in the timber trade engaged in the export of timber to Scotland. I don't know where the birth took place. I have tried using the databases but without success. Does anyone know if there any way to find out if there is a record of this birth given the limited information I have?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ian Macdonald

Hi Therese. Thank you very much for taking the trouble to look for Charles. It looks as though the Charles you found was settled in the USA so cannot be him. I'm afraid my Charles later lived in Aberdeen and turns up at the time of his marriage then in Scottish censuses for 1881, 1891 and 1901 in Aberdeen.Your second link takes me to an error message 'Feil. Skuldast truleg at du brukar Opera 9.5. I så fall må du bruka ein annan nettlesar.' I'm running under Safari on MAC - is that a problem? I wonder who your second bunch of people were?RegardsIan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.