Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73232] John Baarsen Helland

Gjest Richard R. Einerson
 Del

I have been looking for information on this person and wonder if there is a probate record filed in the court system after his death on 29th March 1804. He was born circa 1726, and is wife was Guri Bentsdatter. Can anyone tell me if such a record exists on this person and/or where to look? Thank you, Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Grethe, perhaps you could help translate a church book entry dated 13 August 1777? According to the Digital Archives, Jon Baarsen Helland's child Ingeri was baptized on this day. However, the entry was changed by the minister and it is difficult to read. It appears he may have started by indicating it was a male child, then changed to 'pigne' or girl child. The child's given name appears to start with an I, or J, or possibly even K? The last few letters may be 'rin' or 'rie'? To confuse matters, there is a burial entry on 31 August 1777 indicating that a male stillborn child of Jon Baarsen Helland's was buried. I am wondering if the original baptismal entry of 13 August may indicate a twin birth, or something else that would explain further.Thank you, Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

How does one access probate information? I am most concerned about which of his children were alive in 1804. I have seen probate registers in the form of microfilmed index cards, is there an electronic version somewhere? Thank you, Richard

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I am able to view the link. Oh my goodness!!! From what I can piece together, at the time of Jon Baarsen's death, he had four surviving children; all daughters. My gothic Norwegian is limited, but what I can gather is daughter no. 1 was Kari Jonsdatter the elder, no. 2 was Ingeborg Jonsdatter, no. 3 was Kari Jonsdatter the younger, and finally no. 4 Gyori Jonsdatter. The two unmarried daughters, no. 3 (Kari the younger) and no. 4 (Gyori), were placed under the guardianship of Endre Olsen Ovre Helleland. Is this correct? Thank you so very kindly!!! Richard E.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Ask

I’m no expert in gothic, but I believe you are correct. I 1800 John and Guri are living with there daughter Kari and her husband Endre Olsen.LenkeJohn is in his first m., Guri in her second. Giøri is her sister’s maid.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.