Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73261] Anne Marie Schonevig/Skanevik fodt Linde 1681-1781 Davik, Gloppen, Sogn Fjordane

Gjest Tybring Hemphill
 Del

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I am trying to locate a copy of a portrait of Anne Marie Schonevig fodt Linde. She was the daughter of Gabriel Linde (1654-1737) Major in Bergenhusiske infanteri regiment and his wife Anne Nielsdater Bugge (1657-1720). She married Paul Schonevig (1674-1761)who was perhaps a Sorenskriver.The book 'Katalog over Malede Portraeter i Norge'published in 1886, indicates that there existed at that time a portrait of this woman. Unfortunately, I have been unable to locate a copy in the usual sources such as the Norsk Folkemuseum or the online Nasjonalbiblioteket site. I would be grateful if anyone had knowledge of this family or the likely whereabouts of the original or a published copy of this portrait. Apparently at the time the book was published in 1886 the painting belonged to Johan Hjorth, but I have been unable to locate the Hjorth family. I attach a link to relevant page in the book. Thank you for any help you can give.Tybring Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 6 måneder senere...
Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Thank you for the suggestions. It is always a pleasant surprise to get a reply to an old, forgotten post. I have in fact located the portrait in question in a history of the Hiorth family and attach it below, in case anyone shares the interest in old portraits.

bilete9296.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I think it looks very much like a portrait painted by Hans Sager, a well-known portrait painter from that period.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Sigdestad

Hi Tybring!Here's the Davik 1781 church record entry, the right page in the middle: LenkeD. 7de [Oct] Madame Anna Maria Schonvig fød Linde, Sal. Sorenskriver Poul Schonvig, hans Enke- NB i en Alder af 100de Aar- 6 Uger og 5 Dage.PS. You live in a very nice part of Canada, visited Victoria, Nanaimo & Gabriola last June. Lovely!!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Thank you for the link Gunnar. This is very interesting as it seems very clearly to show her date of death a full five years before that given in the book. However, since both sources suggest she was at least 100 years old and I think the church records must be the most reliable, then she must be born not in 1685 as the book claims, but rather on August 20, 1681 (100 years 6 weeks and 5 days earlier). I do not see that there is any church book for that period for Davik or Gloppen. Of course given those kinds of errors, one must always worry if the portrait is correctly identified. I think her likely age in the portrait mayches well with the assumed birth date and the time when Hans Sager was actively painting (again assuming my guess as to artist is correct).I see that you live in that same area as Davik. I am glad you enjoyed Victoria and area. One day I hope to visit your part of Norway as well. There is a fine old portrait of Henrik Finde at Førde church that I would like to photograph. Thanks for your help Gunnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

Sorry for interrupting, but does any of you know more about Paul Schonevig 1674-1761?Kind regards Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rune Thorstensen

Thanks Per. I was so facinated by the painting , I didn't see the link to your page.Rune Thorstensen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.