Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73411] Johann Heinrik Meyer

Gjest Kay F. Jetton
 Del

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

According to baptismal record of my gr-grandfather Carl Lauritz, b. 22 Dec 1858 his father was Johann Heinrich Meyer and mother was Gurine Nickoliessen. There is no record that this couple were ever married, however Gurine married Lars Flagstad in March 1859 and Johann Heinrich Meyer married Vally Augusta Sorensen in July 1859. At the marriage of Vally and Johann Heinrich in July 1859 in Oslo, Johann is listed as age 36 1/2 years, and his father's name is Fredk N. Meyer, merchant. The 1865 census of Trondheim lists Johann Heinrich and Vally with children Henrik, Nils, and Marie. Would like to gather more information on Johann Heinrich Meyer, his parents, and possible siblings. Hope someone out there can help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Thank you for the information. Can you read the name of Johann's father? Is if Fredk? N.Meyer?The information from Carl Lauritz' confirmation also indicates that his father was Johann Henrik Meyer. However, Carl, his wife, and son all came to the U.S. in 1883 and Carl took the surname Flagstad, which was his step-father's name. Lars Flagstad and Gurine also came to the U. S. as did the their children. They can be found in records of Eau Claire, Wisconsin. Carl later moved to Minnesota, and then to Superior, Wisconsin.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Djuv-Stiansen

I think Johann Meyer's father's name is shortened to F.W.N.Meyer.Also note that the groom's best man is Carl Meyer who lives is 'Tyskland' (Germany). Looks like family was present at his wedding.They were married after obtaining 'Royal Assent' for their marriage dated 02 July 1859. I presume such assent was common procedure to obatin when a Norwegian married a foreigner at this time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Øystein, thank you for adding the additional information about 'Royal Assent'. I did not have this as am not very proficient at reading Norwegian. FWN Meyer is listed a Kjøbmand. Does this mean 'merchant'? Do you know if there are records that exist which would indicate that Johann F. Meyer was required to help support his illegitimate son Carl Lauritz?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Djuv-Stiansen

Yes, kjøbmand means merchant. I note in the link to the census of 1865 that Johann H. Meyer is 'Grosserer' which is slightly grander than merchant - it's more of a wholesale dealer.I'm sorry but I don't know where you'd find information from the 1860s on Johann Meyer's duty to support his illegitimate son. I would suspect that he never paid any alimony. This is also supported by the fact that Carl Lauritz took his stepfather's last name.'Royal Assent' does not necessarily mean that the King personally was involved in granting the assent. Such assent was probably given by the relevant government authority acting on behalf of the King.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Thank you so much for the help. I don't have any other questions at this time. I will have to do some more searching on Johann to see if I can find more. Thanks again to all of you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.