Arkivverket
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen

[#73782] Baptisms in Haugesund

Where would I find baptisms for 1873-1875 Haugesund? I looked in the scanned parish registers, but the earliest date I saw was 1878. Are these records included in a file with another municipality?I would appreciate any assistance.Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Guest Litta Olsen

Hi Patti!I hope that you will find what you need here: LenkeRegards, Litta

Guest Johan Arthur Hansen

Til Litta! Overså at du hadde svart på dette spørmålet! Mvh. Johan Arthur Hansen

Guest Litta Olsen

Better too much than too little ;-)

Thank you, Litta & Johan!Yes, I did find what I needed. I was searching for two children of Hans David Grønnestad & Sikke Bergitta Salvesen. Hans was 'Kasserer ved Rigstelegrafen' in 1900 Stavanger, but his children were born in several places (Bergen, Haugesund & Egersund). Two of his daughters were 'Telegrafistinde' -- do you know what this means (clerk/operator??).Again, thank you!mvh Patti

I find Laurentze: born Febr. 2, 1875/bapt. May 30 and Torger born: Jan 14, 1873, bapt. May 4 1873. both in Haugesund. Johan Arthur Hansen

Thank you JohanI think Hans David Grønnestad moved around for his job. There was also three born in Eigersund and one in Bergen.The family is in Stavanger in 1900. No idea what happened after that. I looked in 'Gravminner i Norge' for the surname 'Grønnestad' but none matched this family.Again, thanks for your help, Johanmvh Patti

Dorothea born aug 12,1871 in Bergen. Lenke Johan Arthur Hansen

Guest Otto Jørgensen

To (6)Lenke 'Telegrafistinde' femail telegraph operator, this at land, not at sea

Thank you, Otto & Johan!mvh Patti

Sign in to follow this