Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73806] Etnedal Churchbooks

Gjest Darin Flansburg
 Del

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Hello,It is my understanding that the Digital Arkivet has more church records for the Bruflat church and also Sør-Aurdal, but have not yet scanned them. Is there any idea when these records will be scanned and posted?Darin Flansburg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The Digital Archive does not hold any records - the Regional State Archives do (in this particular case The Regional State Archive of Hamar).Anyway - Bruflat parish was merged with Nord-Etnedal parish in 1894 to form Etnedal parish. Unfortunately, no church-books for Bruflat younger than 1894 are available. This is probably because no records are handed over to the Regional State Archive yet.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Hello Kristian,Thank you for responding to my query. Yes, I am very familiar with Etnedal and its history. However, there are many church records missing, for example the confirmation records for Bruflat between the years 1873-1876. Actually as you pointed out it was not yet Etnedal at that time. A friend of mine, Per Odd Smelhus, had asked Marit Slettum I believe, what became of the missing records (not the ones that were destroyed during WWII, but rather the actual missing church records) and she said they were sent off to be microfilmed.If the Archives in Hamar does have them, who would I contact to find the status of them? Thank you again Kristian for your help.Darin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

The records may heve been sent off, but if so, probably after 2003-2004, when microfilming came to an end. The digitalization started with scanning microfilms, and thus there is a pool of records handed over to the eight Regional State Archives the last six years, which are not digitalized.Scanning has so far taken place in The National Archive (Riksarkivet). The capacity for scanning from paper is quite low, and church records have not been given high priority so far.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Kristian,Thank you! Once again your response was very helpful. I will inquire at The Regional State Archive of Hamar. Perhaps they will be able to tell me the fate of the Church Books.Thank you againDarin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Hunskaar

I've spoken to Hamar today. The archive doesn't hold any church records for Bruflat except those already published in Digitalarkivet.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.