Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73861] Sveio Hordaland Baptism

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

In the 1897 Klokkerbok for Sveio on page 110 towards the bottom is listed my Grandfather, Ingvald Gustavus Theodorsen, son of unwed parents. I note when looking at the baptism column there are 2 dates with notations and the others have only one date. Might someone help me to understand the date/dates of baptism and what this extra date is about? Many thanks in advance.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Do you think that the home baptism was caused by the unwed parents situation? Could the 2nd be a church baptism I wonder. What do the words translate to in english may I ask, is it simply at home baptism? Tusen takk Bjorg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Johannessen

He was baptised at home 21 January, then baptised in the church 24 February, the church baptism was a kind of confirmation of the home baptism. Here is a link to the baptism record Kildeinformasjon: Hordaland fylke, Sveio i Sveio, Klokkerbok nr. A 3 (1878-1896), Fødte og døpte 1884, side 41. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else B. Rustad

Hjdøbt 21/1-84 = baptised at home on January 21, 1884Hj. stadf. 24/2-84 = baptism confirmed in the church on February 24, 1884.He was not baptised twice :-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Would a translation of the column to the right be possible for the link. The rest of the document I think I understand.......Tusen takk again all!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Else B. Rustad

Column 2: Date of birthColumn 3: Date of baptism (home baptism included)Column 4: As for home baptisms: Date of baptism's confirmation in church)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Thank you Else, Lars and Bjorg. I am wondering what the column all the way to the right says. To the right of the witnesses and godparents. Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Otto Jørgensen

You will fing Sivert Theodor Reidarsen Tjernagel as nr. 117 on page 174 in 'Sveio Gards-og ættesoge II' ISBN 82-7086-173-6Sivert had 12 children with his wife (Nilla Bertine Nilsdtr from Aarstad) and Ingvald Gustavus in 1883 (mother: Gurine Monsdtr. from Lokna), According to the book.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grete Jøraas

The last column (comments) says: Baptist at home by Paul (?) Helgesen Lokna. Vitness: the childs parents, barchelor Paul Kristian Paulsen. The information is given by unmarried Anna Karin Monsdatter Lokna. The first birth of a child of unmarried parents for them both.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

May I ask how this differs from the column next to it. I thought those were the Godparents. May I ask what is the difference between those noted in the two right columns?.. thanks for responding!!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.