Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73985] Theodor and Anna Tobiasen Brooklyn NY

Gjest Gordon Ryersen
 Del

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Listed on my grandparents wedding certificate in Brooklyn, NY were Theodor and Anna Tobiasen. I checked a Brooklyn weddings site and Anna's maiden name was Pedersen, they were married in Brooklyn in 1896. My grandparents were married in 1897 in Brooklyn. My grandparents were from Mandal and Vennesla. I am hoping to learn more about the Tobiasen's, where they lived in Brooklyn? and where they came from in Norway? Thanks in advance!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Line Osberg Eide

1900 United States Federal CensusName: Theodore Tobiason Home in 1900: Manhattan, New York, New York Age: 36 Birth Date: Nov 1863 Birthplace: Norway Race: White Ethnicity: American Gender: Male Immigration Year: 1887 Relationship to Head of House: Head Father's Birthplace: Norway Mother's Birthplace: Norway Spouse's name: Anna Marriage Year: 1896 Marital Status: Married Years Married: 4 Residence : New York City, New York, New YorkHousehold Members: Name Age Theodore Tobiason 36 Anna Tobiason 30 Teresa A Tobiason 2-1900 United States Federal CensusName: Anna Tobiason Home in 1900: Manhattan, New York, New York Age: 30 Birth Date: Jul 1869 Birthplace: Norway Race: White Ethnicity: American Gender: Female Immigration Year: 1894 Relationship to Head of House: Wife Father's Birthplace: Norway Mother's Birthplace: Norway Mother: number of living children: 1 Mother: How many children: 1 Spouse's name: Theodore Marriage Year: 1896 Marital Status: Married Years Married: 4 Residence : New York City, New York, New York-1900 United States Federal CensusName: Teresa A Tobiason Home in 1900: Manhattan, New York, New York Age: 2 Birth Date: Nov 1897 Birthplace: New York Race: White Ethnicity: American Gender: Female Relationship to Head of House: Daughter Father's Name: Theodore Father's Birthplace: Norway Mother's Name: Anna Mother's Birthplace: Norway Marital Status: Single Residence : New York City, New York, New York

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1930 United States Federal CensusName: Theadore Tobiassen Home in 1930: Brooklyn, Kings, New York View Map Age: 67 Estimated birth year: abt 1863 Birthplace: Norway Relation to Head of House: Head Spouse's name: Anna Race: WhiteHousehold Members: Name Age Theadore Tobiassen 67 Anna Tobiassen 62 Alga Tobiassen 27Theodore immigrated in 1881 and Anna in 1895.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Olga?FamilyName GivenName MonthofBirth DayofBirth YearofBirth CertificateNumber CountyTobiason Olger Sep 6 1902 37887 Manhattan

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1910 United States Federal CensusName: Theodore Tubersen [Theodore Tobiasen] Age in 1910: 43 Estimated birth year: abt 1867 Birthplace: Norway Relation to Head of House: Boarder Father's Birth Place: Norway Mother's Birth Place: Norway Home in 1910: Brooklyn Ward 12, Kings, New York Marital Status: Married Race: White Gender: Male Year of Immigration: 1893 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Christ Johnson 43 Sophie Johnson 45 Oscar Johnson 24 Francis Stipewich 2 Theodore Tubersen 43 Ulaf Uhlsen 44 John Nilsen 27 Thomas Johnson 34 Nils Johnson 26This theodore has been married for 6 years. He immigrated in 1893.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Thank you Anne and Hanne Line for your help. Hanne Line is it possible to tell me the house number and street addresses where they lived from the census in NY and in Brooklyn. I know many of my grandparents address, I am curious to see if they were neighbors or how they knew each other. Tusen takk again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Thank you Anne and Hanne Line for your help. Hanne Line is it possible to tell me the house number and street addresses where they lived from the census in NY and in Brooklyn. I know many of my grandparents address, I am curious to see if they were neighbors or how they knew each other. Tusen takk again.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hi Gordon!In the 1910 census, Theodore is living at #536 Clinton St. in Brooklyn...he is a longshoreman.Just wonder if you know this. If you have a local library near you, you can search the census records in Ancestry.com for free! This is available for any member of local USA library....unless you live in a very remote area??mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Thanks, I will check with the local library again, but the last time I checked with them, they did not subscribe to Ancestry. I will also check my database later today when I get home from work, but I think from memory that my grandparents lived on Clinton Street also, and you may have found the connection. Would you know the addresses from the other years? The reason I ask is thay my 96 year old aunt thinks that they lived in the same house with them in Flatbush Brooklyn at one time. But it my be between the census records. I am also wondering about the 1900 record for this couple, in Manhattan as my GM worked as a nanny for a wealthy couple when she first arrived here from Mandal........Thanks Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hi again Gordon! In Manhattan 1900, Theodore and Anna are at West 52nd st. block A...the 'house number' is 560...many 'units' at this location...there is #247 associated with Theodore's unit...perhaps an apartment #?When you ask your library about Ancestry also ask them about Heritage Quest...it also has census records and may be 'cheaper' than a subsciption to Ancestry. Heritage Quest is not as flexible as Ancestry, but it has the same census records.Can you give the name of your grandparents?...I'll look for them on the records.mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hi Patty, They were Salvine and Mathias Olsen, maiden name also Olsen. I have those census records from awhile ago that someone looked up for me, but I appreciate your offering to search for me. I am still interested in tracking those Tobiasens and their addresses in the other census records if you have an extra minute to look. Thanks again Patty, Best.......... Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

I actually can't look at the 1930 census record at home (I use my library card and search in Heritage Quest while at home)... But in 1920 I think I found Theodore...but he is 'indexed' at Otto J. Tobiason!...with him are Anna and their daughter, Therese (age 22)...so must be the right family...the writing in this census is poor, which could account for the wrong name in the index...first initial might be a T, for Theodore (rather than 'J')!So, in 1920 they are at 22nd St. in Brooklyn, house #339.Greetings! Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Thanks Patty for everything. Some of the clues are coming together, my GF mathias was a dockbuilder and Theodor was a dock worker. My 2 sets of grandparents lived in the same area so I will check later tonight, who lived where, but Salvine and Mathias lived on Henry and/or Clinton, so they were either on the same block or next block over in Brooklyn. I am doing this reseach and preparing a timeline of the lives of my grandparents to give to my 96 year old aunt at Christmas this year, sort of a This is Your Life. I have lots of data, but just making sense of it.... Your help as well as the other is geatly appreciated Patty...Best, Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

What a great Christmas present for your aunt! in 1910, there are 2 Olsens on the same page as Theodore. Harry age 30 and George age 26..with their families. Both of these men immigrated from Norway... Are they part of your family...or just some other Olsens?? Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

I think I have confused you! In entry #16 I was referring to Theodore Tobiason...(not Theodore Olsen). But Harry and George Olsen are on Luquec(?) St...must be next to Clinton St.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

OK, I've got it now. Those Olsens would not be related to us, that I do know....I will be off line for the rest of the day Patty....thanks for all! Best, Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Hi Patty, BINGO, I show my grandparents living at 535 Clinton Street, so they lived directly across the street from the Tobiasens. I am still hoping that someone might get me the addresses I seek or links to the actual pages of those census records. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Gordon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Gordon! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!!..we did!..thank you for your holiday greetings.I found your grandparents in the 1910 census....they are on Nelson Street...but I paged through the census and 3 pages 'back' is Clinton street...so they are living 'close' to the Tobiasons ...but not ON Clinton st. at the time of the 1910 census.I was not able to find them in the 1920 Brooklyn census. I tried Olsen/Olson with and without Mathias for first name...I could not find them...Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gordon Ryersen

Patty, no need to check the 1910 record, I have that address on 3rd avenue. I found that Clinton street address on their wedding certificate, so that is accurate. Many, many thanks for all of your help. Where does your crew come from in Norway? Mine are from Spangereid, Aavik, Vennesla, Sveio and Mandal.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

My husband's family is from the Trondelag area...Meldal. Mine are from Poland, Germany and Ireland!!! smile...! Have a GREAT day shopping...get some great deals!!!! Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.