Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#73992] Peter J. Severson, son of Julius Rinde, born December 25, 1872 or 1871

Gjest Clark Monson
 Del

Gjest Clark Monson

I am trying to locate the parish in Norway where my great great aunt's husband was born. His name was Peter J. Severson. I have seen that he was born December 25, 1872 or 1871. He came to the port of New York in May, 1896. He died in Tacoma, Washington in 1953. On his death certificate it says his father's names was 'Julius Rinde.' I have searched in church records but haven't found his birth. I would appreciate any help.Best Regards!Clark Monson 3925 Dacotah View Court Grand Forks, ND 58201 USA

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lisbeth Wangen

This is one of the Julius Rinde I could find.I have try to find this Peter,but not any luck:( Anyway its strange that he called himself Severson.They used theire fathers first name as lastnames.So why wouldnt he do that??Then his name whould have been Juliussen.Here is the 1900 census.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Gunnar Aabøe

Hello,Do you know the name of Julius wife ? Did they have some more children ? I know one Julius who could possible have used Rinde as last name. He jumped ship in New York 08.01.1863. He married in 1871.Regards, Gunnar.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Clark Monson

Hello,On his death certificate it says his father's name was Julius Rinde. Peter J. Severson was born in Dec. 1872 or 1871 and came to America in May, 1896. It doesn't say the name of his mother on the death certificate. Perhaps he was an illegitimate child. He settled in Murray County, Minnesota where he married. Than moved to Flasher, North Dakota before moving to Tacoma, Washington where he died in 1953.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

The baptism record of Peder Julius is here: Lenke (No. 3). (The link in (6) is to his confirmation.)Rinde (or Rinden) is a holding ('bruk') of Jøsok in Herøy. From 1872, the Leikanger area was established as a subparish ('sokn') of Herøy and a new church was built. Thus the protocol starts this year and Peder is one of the first children to be baptized in the church. (Up to 1871, his neighbours can be found in the protocol for Rovde sokn.)The familiy can be found in the 'bygdebok' for Herøy. Rabben: 'Herøyboka - Gardar og folk' (2nd ed. 1983), Vol. 3 p. 557. A brother Petter b. 1875 is mentioned (later living at nearby Kleppe), then 'Julius, married and living in USA', which must be your Peter Julius. Sevrin remarried in 1891 so Gurine must have passed before that. Nine children mentioned from the 2nd marriage.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

Let me make a reservation: Peder Julius in (6) and (8) is the one that emmigrated from Bergen 1896, as linked in (5).However, his fathers name was Severin Martinus, not Julius. Therefore, there is a possibility that 'your' Peter is someone else.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Clark Monson

Hello, Thank you. No, this is the correct person. Whoever recorded it on his death certificate didn't know his father's name (a granddaughter). In two places I have his birthdate as Dec. 25, 1872 and in another place as in 1871. His brother's name is Peder Kornelius and he is Peter Julius so it is definately the correct person. Is this area still a part of More and Romsdal or is it in Sogn and Fjordane? I see there is a Leikanger in Sogn and Fjordane also. Thank you so much! Clark

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.