Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#74503] Children of Tore Siulsen - baptisms

Gjest Kay F. Jetton
 Del

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

I need help in clarifying the readings of the following baptisms. Would also like the godparents names I'm having trouble reading several of the names in these Sandsvær records. Thanks so much!Tore, baptized 16 June (1 p: Trin) son of Tore Siulsen Klovstad, right hand side of page 167[url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8577&idx_id=8577&uid=ny&idx_side=-168>Lenke Sigrie, daughter of Tor ______, bap 25 Mar 1752Lenke21 Feb 1753 - Tor Siulsen?____ twins Ole and Ingeborg Marie. Right hand side of page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stig Nyberg

I will make a try.The dates are correct.1) Tore Klovstads Søn Tore fad Torkel Rogstads Qv: (Mari??) Siulsdaatter, Christen Floekeland, Anun Ristved2) Tor Siulsen Klovstads Siri fad Anders Loaarudt(??)s Qv: Sonnev Hallorsd, Peder Dal, Knud Torkelsen og Kiel Jørgensen3) Tore Siulsen Evies Tvillinger Ole og Ingeborg Marie fad Ole Isaacsen og Qv, Annun Bøe(?) og Qv., Arve Asmundtrud Dyre Biertnæs og Qv., Peder Evie og Qv. Halvor Dyresen'fad' means 'godparents' 'Qv' means 'wife' in this context. 'og' means 'and' 'tvillinger' means 'twins'I suppose the farm name 'Evie' will be spelled 'Evje' or 'Evju' today.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Thank you Stig for clarifying these for me. Klovstad farm [sandsvær Bygdebok farm # 93/1) states that Tore Siulsen Klovstad had a son OLE, born 1753. However, in looking at the Parish Registers, the only Ole Toresen I found baptized in 1753 was the one above - son of Tore Siulsen Evie. I do find a confirmation record for Ole Toresen Klovstad in 1769 and his death record in 1815. So how can I decide if the baptisms of Ole (# 3) above is the one I am looking for??? Don't know if I will ever be able to verify that!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Stig Nyberg

There are several Sandsvær sources at the digitalarkivet.no website.- Searchable transcriptions of lists of baptized children, as well as the scanned churchbook pages- Mortgage records (scanned)- Probate record books (scanned)A valuable source (not on the web, I suppose) is the 'Ekstraskatten 1762 - 1772' (Extra Tax protocols). They should give the names and locations of people older than 12 years, if written according to the instructions. (This is not always the case!). Thus they should be able to tell if there were other famililes in the area with similar names.There may be more sources that I am not aware of. I am, after all, no Sandsvær expert.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Næss

Kay, It may look like the Sandsvær Bygdebok is in error.The Sandsvær Parish registers are all transcribed into searchable databases so you dont have to interprete yourself initially. In case you don't know how to use the datbases, this is a brief explanation:If you go to the database selector and choose Buskerud then Sandsvær then Baptisms 1744-1755 and search with Fathers firstname - begins with (show)= Tor. Then select Tor, Tord and Tore and you will have the children of both Tor Siulsen Evju and Tor Siulsen Klovstad. They cannot be the same person as they both have children in 1750 only a month apart.It appears that they have been mixed up in the bygdebok.Regards Tore

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Thank you so much Tore and Gunn. When I looked at these baptisms previously, my eyes must have been playing tricks on me!!! I completely missed the fact that Tor Klovstad and Tor Evju had children born a month apart!! So of course they had to be two different people.As previously stated I did find a confirmation record for Ole Toresen Klovstad. Lenke Top right hand side.Since I am unable to find a baptism record for him in the Sandsvær records, is it possible he was baptized somewhere else?Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Næss

Kay, It should of course be kept in mind that Klovstad and Evju in this respect is not the name, just the place where the person lived at the time of the event. In theory Ole Thoresen Klovstad at confirmation and death, could be identical to the one born at Evju in 1753.There is however another somewhat confusing fact. I did a searc in the 1801 Census, Lenke , (I hope the link works), on the farm name Klovstad. There is an Ole Thordsson age 48, unmarried (!), which places him to be born in 1753. The confusion comes from the fact that he is said to be the brother of the owner, Hans Jørgen age 50, and he has a younger brother Sjuel (Siul) age 35. I cannot find Hans Jørgen baptized in Sandsvær in 1744-1755, nor a Siul in 1765-1766. This could indicate that they were baptized somewhere else.Regards Tore

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kay F. Jetton

Tore, I do understand that Klovstad and Evju are the names of the places where the people resided at the time of an event. Thank you for the link to the 1801 census for Nedre Klovstad. This appears to be an entirely different family. I don't think I will continue research on OLE as he is not a direct ancestor, but is supposed to be a brother to my ancestor Sigrid Toresdtr. who married Paal Olsen Ljoterud in 1782. I thank everyone for their kind responses to my queries. I really appreciate all the assistance I get when posting to this forum. Merry Christmas everyone! Happy Holidays! Kay

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.