Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#75053] translation

Gjest Vicky Walker
 Del

Gjest Vicky Walker

Hi Everyone,This is my first entry to this site. I was hoping some could translate a word for: 'alb.' It came from this sentence: Rasmus Frøysok skatta 1560-61 6 skinn, 1 alb. og 2 får. På Uppheim Torpo var det ogso Rasmus i 1560-61, truleg same person. Han skatta 9 skinn, 1 alb. og 2 får.The internet translation is: Ramus Frøysok tax in 1560-61 was 6 skins, 1 ?? and 3 from on Uppheim in torpo was also Rasmus in 1560-61, probably the same person. His tax was 9 skins, 1 ?? and 2 father tax.I would appreciate any help with this. ThanksVicky keithwalk@aol.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The short form 'alb.' means 'album' or 'hvid' (from German 'Witten'), and that was an old coin, produced in Norway from the 1490s. It was worth 1/3 of a 'skilling', but due to reduced quality it was only worth 1/6 of a skilling around 1530.The word 'får' in this connection means 'sheep'.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.