Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#75177] Gunder Hansen christening, Borge, Ostfold, Norway

Gjest Mark Shepherd
 Del

Gjest Mark Shepherd

I am looking for a christening record for Gunder Hansen, son of Hans Gundersen and Anna Jorgensdatter, Moum farm . I have searched the Borge Parish Registry from 1749-1766 and have been unable to find any christening record except for a Gunder Hansen christened in 1758 but with parents listed as Hans Moller and Margrethe Christensdtr. The 1801 census shows Gunder age being age 45, and living with his widowed father Hans Gundersen, age 75 on the Moum farm which almost certainly links him to this family. The census age would estimate the birth to be in 1756, however his Sister Anna was christened 24 Oct 1756 and brother Jorgen was christened 24 Nov 1754 which would make it nearly impossible for Gunder to have been born in 1756 unless he was Anna's twin, but there is no recording of twin births. Also his age at death in 1834 is listed as 81 years which would estimate his birth as 1753. However sister Pernille was christened 19 Aug 1753, which again makes a birth of Gunder impossible in 1753 unless he was a twin, and there is also no recording of this. Does anyone know of any additional info on his birth? I would appreciate anyone sharing this information if it is available. Thank you.Mark Shepherd

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Nina Bø

Hello Mark. I am not able to help you, but I want to make you aware of something.This http://www.gyldenstierne.no/default.asp?fid=1000is a publisher of books regarding Borge county. Their books cover every farm, lot etc. in Borge. And they try to tell the story of the people who lived there. I do not know if the farm you are asking about is covered in the published books, but you could be lucky.The site is in Norwegian. But since you are able to decode old Norwegian church records, I guess that you may be able to navigate on the site.Maybe your Gunder is mentioned in one of the books already published. Maybe you can even order your own copy through the site?I wish you good luck on your search for Gunder Hansen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mark Shepherd

Hello NinaThank you for your assistance. I was able to locate these books in the Family History Library of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints. I was able to search the books with the assistance of a person born and lived as a child in Norway in Ostfold county. Unfortunately, the Moum farm which I was looking for was not found in the books. Anyway thank you for your help.Mark

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.