Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#75353] Difficult Translation (Vanskelig Oversettelse)

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Rob Hansen

Can someone please translate the last of these three cards it is a monster!!RobKan noen være snill å oversette den siste av disse tre kortene det er et monster!Rob

bilete8382.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

The last postcard: My suggestion:To miss Olivia, Bergens Klædefabrik (Manifacture), BergenEer kommen hjem men trives ikke , Du maa høre hvad tid der blir edans (?) i Sverensfoprening saa skal jeg komme til Bergen enten naa Lørdag eller en anden, skriv snart der om, hils barbara. Martha melhus.Min adresse Martha melhus SlettenJeg husker ikke dit efter navn i farten.(I have now arrived at home but I am not content, you should find out when there will be a dance-party (??) at the Svere(??)-place, (social club ?) then I will come to Bergen either the coming Saturday or the next, write me soom about this, say hallo to Barbara. Martha MelhusMy adress: Martha Melhus, sletten.I did not remember your last name just now

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Thankyou very much for this what language is this please?? is this real Norwegian?? I can translate most things but handwriting and funny spelling really throw you - its strange !!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Vestli

Yes, it is Norwegian, but quite old-fashioned. The first letter reads:'Kjære Olivia, kan ikke du være saa snild ag sende de resepterne mine du finder di alle i det smaa arkivet mit jeg har vært saa svært syg jeg har været til doktor ogsaa han sier at jeg skal ligge rolig til Fredag, da skal jeg til ham igjen kan ikke du sende di hjem på onsdag saa er du snild jeg sitter i sengen og skriver dette det hilses meget ifra os alle sammen Anna''Dear Olivia, Could you please send my prescriptions you will find all of them in my little archive I have been so ill I have been to the doctor as well he says I shall rest until Friday, then I shall see him again can you please send them on Wednesday I am sitting in my bed whilst writing this everybody sends their regards Anna'

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristian Vestli

The adress is the same for the two first letters. Obviously, Miss Olivia Johannesen lives in the house of Marie Hauge at Fløyen near Bergen.The second letter reads:'Et rigt og velsignet aar ønsker jeg deg, og tak for det gamle''I wish you a prosperous and blessed year, and thank you for the old'This is a traditional Norwegian New Year's greeting. Unfortunately, I can't read the date.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Thankyou for these the postcards are interesting there are verry many of them . the date is usually 1909 so that's probably the last two . Is this dialect Danish or is it influenced by other Nordic languages ?? a variant of Old Norsk??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

(4,7) It is Norwagized Danish, but close to standard Danish, although and with some lack of structure (incomplete sentences, etc.), partly due to the limited space.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Is it safe to assume that most early settlers of Northern Norway were danish ?? Professsor Hansen in Tromso points to this in his bygdebok of Asatfjord is this still in the language today??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ivar S. Ertesvåg

If you find a person in New York, with black skin, and the anthropologist says that his anscestors are from Africa, while the linguist says that they must be from England, whom will you believe?(9) I suppose none of the settlers of Northern Norway were Danish, why should they? But the written language of Norway before approx 1910 was mainly Danish.Astafjord had Norwegian (that is, non-sami) inhabitants in the high middle age (i.e. before 1349). They most likely spoke (and wrote, when applicable) Old Norwegian, like the rest of the Norwegians.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.