Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#75655] Tormod Olsen Aske

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I found a record that I believe is the birth of Tormod Olsen Aske in 1781. See here: Permanent sidelenke: LenkeOn FS, his parents (who were not married) are listed as Ole Gundlevsen & Ragnild Jensdatter. I need some help deciphering the location names for the two individuals.In 1801, I believe I found Ragnild at Østbøe in Rennesøy. She is not married. Not sure what became of Ole.I would appreciate any assistance.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Hi, Patti!Ragnild is 'af Strands Sogn', that is, 'from the (smaller) parish of Strand'.Ola Gundlevsen is called 'Ouglæn af Find-aas Præste-gield', that is, 'Økland from the (greater) parish of Finnås'.Strand is to the south-east of Rennesøy and Stavanger.Finnås is farther north, in the county of Hordaland. Økland is in the (smaller) parish of Bremnes.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

By coincidence, I have the bygdebok for Bremnes by me, but I cannot find any Ole Gunnleivsson Økland there.What I do find, on familysearch.com, is the christening ofOla Gunnleivsen Auglendborn 1760 in the (greater) parish of Hetland. Auglend is basically the same place name as Økland, for two different places.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Gunnleiv was an uncommon name, with only 32 carriers in the 1801 census, as far as I can tell.None of these lived any farther north than the county of Stavanger (now Rogaland), actually the northernhmost carriers lived in Lye parish.That is, there was no-one in Søndre Bergenhus (now Hordaland), not even very close.I'd say it's likely that the information abot Finnås at the christening is wrong, but I cannot be sure, of course.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Torodd!I agree with you that Ola Gundlevsen was probably not from Finnås. Since it seems he did not marry Ragnild, it is much more difficult to find him. I am afraid that he may remain a mystery.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.