Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#76402] Halvor Serikstad in Telemark

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I was following the movements of Halvor Halvorsen Serikstand and Kirsten Pedersdatter Fotland. It seems that they moved from Time in Rogaland to Telemark about 1891. I found Halvor & Kirsten in Skien (Telemark) in 1900 with four of their children. Their oldest child, Halvor (b 1874) is here with his wife: LenkeI tried to document Halvor's marriage to Aslaug and the birth of Kirsten, Halvor & Inger. But I can't find them.What does the abreviation 'BrB' mean? I thought it meant Bamble, but I did not find anything there.I also looked for confirmations of the children in Skien, hoping there might be clues there to where they were born/baptized, but could not find confirmations either.Is it significant that their religion is shown as 'Ev. luth frim. i Jarlsberg'?Can anyone give me some suggestions for where to look for these records?Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Olav Ulltveit-Moe

'Ev. luth frim. i Jarlsberg' means Evangelical Lutheran Free community in Jarlsberg. Jarlsberg is now Vestfold fylke. Their records are privat, but information may be obtained through this web site: http://www.frikirken.no. Mail: post@frikirken.no.As for Halvor Serikstad (NB Serikstand?): the 1900 census names his wife Aslaug Marie born 1872 in Holden Brb. Holden is now Holla. Was Kirsten Pedersdatter his first wife? It seems from the census that Aslaug Marie is the mother of Kirsten, Halvor & Inge. Kirsten born 1994 in Holla, Halvor born 1896 and Inge born 1898, both at Løveid (probably Løveid, Skien). BrB it is an abreviation for Bratsberg Amt, an earlier name for Telemark fylke. Olav

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Olav!If I understand, I should not expect to find any births, marriages, or deaths in the DA skannede kirkebøker for this family... is that right?I believe this is Aslaug's baptism: Permanent sidelenke: LenkeKirsten Pedersdatter was Halvor's mother. Sorry, I was not clear about that in my first post. Halvor Halvorsen Serikstad (1853) and Kirsten Pedersdatter Fotland (1851) were from Time. The last record I find of them in Time is the birth of daughter Kirsten in Feb 1890. The Halvor who married Aslaug was their son (b 1874).Thank you again for the explanation. I didn't think it made sense for BrB to be Bamble, but it was the only place I saw with two Bs! Another reason is that I found a birth there for Aslaug Marie in Dec 1872 (daughter of Tron Clausen and Andrea Larsdatter). But I believe the one in Hollen is right.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.