Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#76485] Minnetavler (epitafier) av Anders og Soffren Lauritsen i Dale Kyrkja i Luster

Gjest Tybring Hemphill
 Del

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I have just seen some low resolution photos from a book showing two minnetavler which currently hang in the Dale church in Luster in Sogn og Fjordane. The minnetavler show the families of Soffren Lauritsen and of Anders Lauritsen from the 1600s. Is there anybody who lives nearby who would be willing and able to take high resolution digital photographs of these two minnetavler? I live too far away to make the trip myself. Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Hello, Tybring! I payed this beautiful church a visit last summer and took some photos of the epitaphs. They are not first class pictures, but perhaps better than those you have already got.Just give a hint if you want translation of the text. I can also send you the pictures with some higher resolution if that is useful. Then I need your email address.

bilete8755.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

And here is a photo of the Søfren Lauritzen epitaph. I am sorry that the upper part has been 'cut off'.

bilete8757.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Thank you so much Knut! Although I have had help from others these are the best pictures of the Epitaph of Anders Lauritsen and most complete of that of Soffren. Yes, I would be very pleased to have both the highest resolution copies of the pictures and any translation you are willing to attempt. My email address is 'murrhemp' followed by the '@' sign followed by 'telus.net'. Once again, thank you for replying to my post. Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

The text in #3 reads: 'Gud Till ære denne Kierke till Zirat Er dette Epitafium Forærit af Sr. Anders Lauritzøn Fordom fogit i Lyster. 1630'.This may be translated to: 'In the honour of God and for the adornment of this Church this Epitaph is presented by Mr. Anders Lauritzøn, former Bailiff in Lyster. 1630'.The text in #5 reads: 'Gud till ære Kierken till Zirat dette EPITAPHUM Søffren Lauridtzøn Foget i Indre Sogn Foræret Haffuer. Anno 1654'.The meaning of this text is quite the same as in the former, except that the donor, Søffren Lauridtzøn, is mentioned as bailiff in Indre Sogn (compared to Lyster). This difference may tell us that Søfren was the king's man in the region while Anders represented some nobleman with property in Luster. I don't know if this is quite well investigated and understood now.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Finn Oldervik

Bildet under innlegg (2) viser initialene ALS til venstre og MTD til høyre. De til venstre må naturlig nok bety Anders LauritsSon, men hva står konas initialer for?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Finn Oldervik

Bildet under innlegg (2) viser initialene ALS til venstre og MTD til høyre. De til venstre må naturlig nok bety Anders LauritsSon, men hva står konas initialer for?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Bryn

Jeg tror ikke om Maren Trudesdatters opphav er avklart ennå, men lenken i forrige innlegg viser til en side med en interessant hypotese. Lars Øyane skriver i bygdeboka for Luster at hun kanskje opprinnelig var dansk. Flere kilder nevner for øvrig at 'Maren Thruesdatters Contrafej' fantes i boet etter Henrik Henriksen Nitter som døde i 1689. I 'Slægten Heiberg' fra 1907 spekuleres det i om Maren derfor var en Hess eller en Nitter. Henning Sollid mener at Maren trolig var søster av Henrik Nitters mor, Mette Trudesdatter(?).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Svein Tislevoll

Hadde likt og hatt bilde av de to epitafium i Dale kirke i portrettkvalitet. Ellers bra at man legger ut bilder. En av familiene er direkte forfedre.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ole G Taraldset

På epitaphiet til Søren Lauritsen står på høyre side hans hustru Anne Madsdatters noe utydelige initialer AMD. Vet en idag noe nytt om henne og hennes ætt ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

The information available in G F Heiberg's Slegten Heiberg suggests that Anne Madsdatter was married about 1610 to Soffren/Soren Lauritzen and that she died between Oct 24, 1668 and Oct 29, 1672, but most likely died early in 1670.Other, internet sources suggest a marriage date of about 1605, although it appears the first child was born in 1611. Birth dates are suggested at 1585 or 1587. I have yet to see any clear indication of where she was born or who her parents were. Some sources suggest she had a surname 'Kvale' and there is suspicion that she came from the area of Quale/Kvale in Sogndal, where her eventual husband Soren Lauritzen purchased a farm. I have tried to attach a close-up of the epitafium showing Soren and Anne/Anna. This picture was kindly taken by Geir Paulsen

bilete8979.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest Tybring Hemphill

rHere are some pictures of the epitaph of Anders Lauritzen, kindly provided by the current minister of Dale church, Geir Paulsen.

bilete9274.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Does anyone have information about the children of Anders Lauritzen and Maren that might allow us to try to identify the children in the epitaph and in particular Mette? The Heiberg book (Slaegten heiberg by GF Heiberg, 1907) mentions only four daughters, Anne, Bente, Sara and Berete, while the Epitaph shows 6 duaghters alive in 1630 when the Epitaph was painted, and one already died. The last three were born about 1615, 1617 and 1620 respectively (all were children at the time of the death of their father). Therefore, I suspect that Mette must be one of the three married daughters shown, and Anne one of the other married daughters.At the bottom of the page on the linked website, this source gives names to all of the daughters and proposes a birth order, with Mette being the eldest, but it also names four sons, though only three are shown in the epitaph and no predeceased son, which is odd if the information is correct, and which therefore causes me to doubt its accuracy. G.F Heiberg only lists two sons, Christen and Soffren, who both seem well documented and were married. The third son pictured must therefore be either Laurits or Hans, with the former seeming more likely as it is a name used so often in the family. I do not know the source for this person's information.Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Svein Tislevoll

Have anyone better photo of the Children to Soffren Lauritsen and wife ? Soffren and wife is my relatives and Anders too. The pictures over is very nice. Thanks.Hilsen Svein.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Tislevoll

Have anyone better photo of the Children to Soffren Lauritsen and wife ? Soffren and wife is my relatives and Anders too. The pictures over is very nice. Thanks.Hilsen Svein.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.