Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#76580] kanne noen behage oversette denne teksten fra Amerika

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Rob Hansen

kanne noen behage oversette denne teksten fra Amerika, som inneholder noen historie fra Nord-Norge. Det er ganske vanskelig å få noen av ordene jeg ville sette pris på hjelp. Jeg er særlig interessert i det siste avsnittet, men woiuld setter pris på all hjelp. Thankyou very much, Rob

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

I'm working on it. Here is the first part:Dear Einar,I will use the typewriter this time, but that is mainly for comparison, so that I don’t repeat myself next time. The letter you got might have been a bit ambiguous, but that could be because of your last letter. That was not precise. When you shear the large field one day and have to hurry to write a letter the next, a lot may happen. Here I quote the letter verbatim: “T.K. says that (she) Maren Olsdtr. As Eriksen is saying in the Book. It’s not so. (I don’t quite get the connecton here, but you may have the previous correspondence to compare with). She was a daughter, yes, that is said in the H. Tidende (name of a newspaper?) I sent you'. Now it has to be remarked that Niels Jensen’s wife really was Maren Olsdtr but also his daughter’s name was Maren. In addition to what you sent me, it has been said about Niels Jensen: He was married about 1681 to Maren Olsdtr. Who was the daughter of H. Olluf Jonsen etc. That amounts to self-contradiction and mingling. That might have been overlooked.The fact is that we are no closer to determine which Ole Nielsen we are decending from. You can’t say that someone’s investigations are rubbish without confirmation from the sources. The best investigator may make mistakes, but owning up to it is not easy. This farm hand also must have been a good man. If he was a farm hand to begin with, he may have worked his way upwards. Yeah, who hasn’t been a farm hand. ---At this time I’m not able to say which is which, but the farm hand is the more likely one. With regards to Ole Nielsen who moved to Aastad, it is a fact that there really was a Ole Nielsen with a son Niels Olsen who came from Breivoll. They had a “jekt” (boat used in N. Norway). Tradition has it, that Ole Nielsen was the son of the “lensmann” (police seargent) Niels Jensen. If he was not the son of the lensmann, then he must have been the farm hand Ole Nielsen. That can be doubted. You can search the Book for Ole Nielsen family all the way down to Martin Antonsen and the brother Anton Nilse, sons of Anton Nilsen, senior.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

Here is the rest:That Niels Jensen the lensmann suffered a great loss is probably true. But on page 229 in volume 1 it says: “The buyer was engaged to Ane Dorothe Budde on the 28th/7th. Cautioners: Ole Nielsen, Breivoll and Steffen Tygesen, Breivoll”. In some other place it is stated that Hans Olsen Erboe was the engaged man (but I can’t mention the page now but will find it when I have the time). I seem to remember mother Erika mentioning this several times that Hans Olsen lost money because of this responsibility. Father Hans O. warned us against being cautioners. (As Karl Hansen was to move the house from the old ground down to the old road, he approached dad and asked him to guarantee for a bank loan. Dad told hin that he would easily be able to get a mortgage loan. He applied for one and got it.) Most people on the farms had just one income source “from hand to mouth” (meaning that they could barely survive). A lot of poverty. When the “fembøringsbruket” (open fishing boat for 5-7 men) came to an end, our people did not change to longlining. They had farming and farm management in their blood after father Hans O. and others before him. Mikkel Parten was one of the best fishing boat masters and dad was his “bakromsmann” (some rank in a fishing boat, not sure what it is). But Parten caught Mikkel (not sure about the meaning here. ‘Parten’ may also be a pun as it can be translated to part, share). He was well-off, but we won’t say anything about his family. Uncle Martin had both a “Pinnar” and an “Otring” (both must be fishing boats. Pinnar could be a misspelling for Pinnass. Otring is a little larger than a Fembøring). But when he got Ole Eilertsen the money ended (something is missing here, probably he was out of money. The next word, ‘tet’ must be either local dialect or a misspelling, so I can’t translate that. Continuing after ‘tet han,) He hired an Otring from time to time for the net fishing at Lofoten. When he was young, it was said that he was skilful at sea. Later he got more like Johan Persa. Johan Arnt told me several times that the brothers, dad, Mikkel and Martin were the most capable and handy at sea. But the most vigorous one was uncle Magnus. He climber up to the top of the Samson stone which is below Sula. I have, and others too gone around it several times, and we could have sworn that no man had ever been on the top of it. But dad said he had seen it himself, so it must be true. Uncle Konrad told that when the first coal ship came to Hamnvik, they asked the captain (an Englishman) if they could climb the mast. He said they could climb as high as up to the top sail. But as the others were about half way up, uncle Magnus was swimming on top of the ball (?) of the top mast. (someone with more knowledge about sailing ships, please take a look here as I’m not sure of the correct English expressions) Afterwards they had tea and cakes at the captain’s. But as mother Erika asked mum to write to him and ask for his address, he wrote back and sait it was the Cook churchyard; and that was long before his big accident. What can be said about that? For what it’s worth… Som jeg sier i en parentes i teksten, jeg har ikke all verdens greie på fiskebåter, seilskip og slikt, så de som kan mere, vennligst rett på meg! ;-)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Unstad

Part one, second last paragraphBut when he got the Ole Eilertsen money he quit, from time to time he rented an 'ottring' for small net fishing in Lofoten.BTW an ottring had four pairs of oars, while the fembøring had five. The fembøring was the largest of the the traditional north norwegian fishing boats.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Einar Aasprong

The above map-reference didn't behave as intended, but if you zoom out a bit in the map of the second reference you will see Sula and Breivoll in the same image:

bilete8773.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

Here goes...Second page: Now back to the family. In an article by T.K. the heading is this: “Something about Lensmann Niels Jensen Erboe, Breivoll”. You may remember that I asked you to ask T. K. if the name Erboe ever had been used by Lensmann Niels Jensen. “No”, T. K. said, he had just added it. Then it is just wishful thinking in order to prove a theory, but theories have to be proved by facts.Eriksen has Maren Olsdtr. as the daughter of Ole Mortensen, Breivoll, whereas T. K. specifies her as the daughter of Mr. Olluf Jonsen Horsens, the curate of Medfjord. I believe T. K. is right in this. As an excellent wife and a curate’s daughter she was buried in front of the altar. I don’t think she would have been honoured in this way if she hadn’t been the daughter of a curate.Finally, as things now stand, we can only, with absolute certainty, trace our lineage back to Hans Olsen Erboe. I quote from the article: “ Ole Nielsen’s two sons use the family name Erboe when they marry. And that was hardly after the mother, Barbro Halversdtr, they had that name”. I can agree with that. I quote again: “The allegation in ‘The old Astafhord og Ibestad’ (don’t know if Astafjord was misspelled or if this is an old way of writing the name) that it is Jens Nielsen’s farm hand in 1701, Ole Nilsen, who appears with the name of Erboe is utterly absurd.” Now I would like to say, that absurd in most cases can be translated as ridiculous or meaningless. But in order to claim something like that, proofs have to be presented.On page 75 in the Book it says: In 1701 Niels Jensen had two farm hands; Niels Ellefsen from Søndfjord, born 1641 and Olle Nielsen Erboe, born 1681, son of the former. Ullersmo to Thraning.” (don’t know where the quotation starts, possibly before In 1701…)Now, who is Ullersmo. It looks as if Thraning has written to Søndfjord and has got that reply. If that is so, it can hardly be disregarded. But who Ullersmo is or was can be established.(to be continued...)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Randi Nesje Myhr

Her er skiftet etter Maren Olsdatter, kona til Nils Jensen på Breivoll. Det står at hun etterlater seg 10 barn. Skiftet er fra 1709 Kildeinformasjon: Troms fylke, Senja sorenskriveri -1755, Skifteprotokoll 5 , 1706-1712, oppb: Statsarkivet i Tromsø. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/25017/145>http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/25017/145 Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Inger Eik

The rest of page 2:Your last letter arrived some days ago. I don’t know if it brings us any nearer a more certain result. The Article by T. K. says: “In 1730 one of the bays has been transferred to Madame Danchers in Bergen because of debt he had on a boat that he bought for his youngest son, Hans. At that time Niels Jensen is dead, and his son Ole Nielsen and his co-heirs own a bay where Ole Nielsen lives”. If this is clear and exactly written, I don’t know. But the ‘at that time’ is telling us that Niels Jensen was dead in 1730. Then you correct the year of the deed of conveyance to 1740. Of course the deed may be obtained even if the owner is dead, i.e. at that time from the Public trustee’s office, which was, together with the circuit judge and guardians, responsible especially for minor heirs’ parts.I cannot find the death year of Niels Jensen in the Book; it might possibly be mentioned in it, but I can’t point at it. If the lensmann had been alive until 1740, he would have been 80 years old. I will not claim anything pro or con (for or against) it, there are too many loose ends that have to be tied together first. Probably it won’t be good enough. Turn to Aanstad and read everything regarding the farm. You will find Ole Nielsen and Niels Olsen in a lot of the owners (probably meaning the names have been used a lot in the family). Who was this Ole Nielsen? If it was the so-called farm hand, the case would be clear. But that a certain Nielsen moved from Breivoll to Anstad nobody, absolutely nobody can deny. This has to be solved before a point of view with certainty can be assumed. With regards to the many trips to Bergen, we know that such things grow with being told (meaning exaggerations??). Big Ola in Myra (Ole Hansen) told that when they had two trips to Bergen, the weather could cause them not getting there until late autumn or even later. He joined the party in the boat many times. Also father Hans O. did when he was young. In Bergen he bought Peter poetry (whatever that is).Well, this will have to be enough for this time. Connie and her husband came here on a 2 days’ visit. They arrived by plane, from here they drove to Milwaukee in one of our automobiles. They will soon be back and will be staying for about a week before they go back. Later we will be taking a trip to the West.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.