Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#76906] et brev lett å lese

Gjest Rob Hansen
 Del

Gjest Hanne Line Osberg Eide

Mr. Torkel LierÅrvollDear you: My brother Einar Michelsen, Hamnvik, has sent me a clip from the Ukens Nytt (Weekly News), dated 10 January 1977. It interested him so much because our old family names is Erboe. Hans Olsen Erboe, born in 1743 used it. He was a respected man in Ibestad municipality. He was married to Anna Rasch 1763. Their son, Michal (Mikkel) used the name Michal Hansen Rasch. He was 'seksjonsforstander' for his military district, and much used man in municipality activities. Grandfather told me Michal had his military education at Vardøhus fortress. Rasch name came to us through Maren Rasch, sister of Gertrude Rasch, married 'Greenland's apostelan', Hans Egede.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

We're not quite sure who brought Erboe name Ibestad. Ibestad is a old municipality not far from Harsted and Trondenes. Some believe that the name is from lensmann Niels Jensen. He was lensmann in Ibestad and married to the reputable Maren Oldtr., who is buried in front of the altar in the old Ibestad church.Around 1700 there lived two men, along with lensmann Niels Jensen on the allodial farm Breivoll. They were Niels Ellefsen and Olle Nielsen, probably father and son. They came to Ibestad from Søndfjord. Some believe that Erboe name comes from them.Both my brother and I would appreciate it if you could help us find who the family name comes from. I can also promise you a fair payment for your help.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

The Black Death hit Nordland hard, and after the reformation there was a great upswing in sea traffic between Nordland and Bergen and sale of dried fish (råskjæring). At that time, and later, many people came through Bergen to Nordland. Many of those ware Danish, and today there are still a lot of Danish family names in Nordland. Our tradition is that we are from Denmark, in a stright line. Lensmann Niels Jensen seems to have come from Denmark, or perhaps his father. A Jens Nielsen, resident on Selset, Ibestad, may have come from Løgstør, Denmark. He was a respected and wealthy man. Some believe that he was lensmann Niels Jensen's father, but it is perhaps doubtful.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

A little about myself. I was born on Breivoll, Ibestad and has been a priest in The American Lutheran Church for almost 45 years. Now I am no longer a permanent pastor, but only serves where it is needed.You shall not have any expenses of postage, so I add a two U.S. dollar note. But let me hear from you as soon as possible, if you have time and opportunity.With regards,K. S. Michelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Rob Hansen

Hi HanneThankyou so much for this I will try to get a ciopy of the other letter in entryAerboe and Rasch lightened so that it is more readable . This has been very interesting do you know where Arvoll is is it Oslo??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.