Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#76922] Tønsberg birth record -- help?

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

Can anyone help me to decipher a birth record for Tønsberg? Here is the link: LenkeI can see that the child, Knut, b. 10 May 1923, had these parents:Matros, Olaus Kristian Pedersen & Kone Sørine Henriette OlsenBut there is some other writing before the parents' names that I can't make out.Also, is it clear that these two people are married? I wonder because I can't find any record of their marriage in Tønsberg.Also, in 1925, Olaus Kristian Pedersen had a son, Severin Kristian, with another woman, Hanna Mathilde Nilsen. I can't find their marriage either.Can anyone help me??Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Berit Knudsen

Parents: divorced man matros Olaus/Claus? Kristian Pedersen, born 1882, adr. H... Guttormsgt. 7. Divorced wife tobaccoworker Sørine Henriette Olsen, b.1884, adr. Fo... 1. Witnesses: styrmann Konrad Pedersen, bryggeriarbeider Hilding Andersen, Olga/Algo? Hovland and Margit Andersen. Knut was born in marriage.Just a guess. Maybe Olaus and Sørine had been married and was divorced before Knut was born?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, BeritI know that Sørine Henriette Karlsen married Theodor Kornelius Olsen on 20 Dec 1908. They had a daughter, Margot in 1914. So, I wonder, in Knut's birth record, when they say that Sørine was divorced, could they mean from Theodor?Another question -- if a married couple conceives a child, but is divorced before the child is born, is that child considered born 'in marriage'?Are divorces recorded in the kirkebøker?Again, many thanks...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

Obviously both Sørine and Olaus had been living in separate marriages, and both were divorced. In marriage: A tricky question - my guess is yes (conceived in marriage). Divorces are only listed in parish records in cases when the persons in question remarries. I'm not sure what office listed the divorces - but the church was not involved.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you JonIt makes sense that Sørine & Olaus were living in separate marriages. What I don't know is whether they were ever married to each other. I've looked from 1914-1923 in Tønsberg, Nøtterøy & Tjøme. Nothing. I thought Tønsberg was the most logical location, since Olaus was born there and was living there in 1900. Although Sørine was born in Nøtterøy, when she married Theodor and had Margot, she lived in Tønsberg.It's a mystery...mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well... I didn't find where Olaus married Sørine, but I did find another marriage that I was searching for! So, it wasn't a total loss.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

If you see my first post in this string -- Olaus and Sørine had a son, Knut, in 1923. According to the kirkebok, he was born 'in marriage'. At least, I believe that is the case. Do you disagree?Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Wenche Örbeck Kristiansen

Perhaps the parents divorced before the baptised day. Knut was born in march and bapticed in june.And they had diffirent adress.So I think that Berit is right in (2)her guesses! Good luck! Wenche

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei WencheI guess it's not so important. It's a little thing that I wish I could figure out.Are you saying that Sørine & Olaus had different addresses in Knut's baptism record? Then, it makes sense that they might have been married when Knut was born, but divorced by the time of his baptism.Still, that leaves me with the nagging question of when and where they were married. But I have looked all the logical places. I think this will remain a mystery...mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

(10) YES - I disagree! That entry clearly states the fact that they were not married at that time 'Divorced mann sailor --- and Divorced kone tobaccoworker ---. If they had been married at that time, she would have listed as hstr. (hustru) = wife - see other entries on that page.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei JonYes, I understand that the entry shows both were divorced. What confused me was the fact that under the column 'om egte eller uegte født' for Knut it shows 'i.e.', which I took to mean he was born 'in marriage'. Is this correct?Here's a question for you... could what is written for Sørine possibly mean separated instead of divorced? If she was still technically married to Theodor Olsen, even though he was not the father of Knut, could that explain the 'i.e.' label?To add to the mystery a bit more, Olaus had a child with another woman, Hanna Mathilde Nilsen, in 1925. I assume they were married because they are buried together. But I can't find this marriage either. Of course, I'm not going to spend any more time searching for his marriage to Hanna, since neither of them is related to me.As I wrote to Wenche, this will probably remain a mystery.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You're absolutely right: i.e. means in marriage. Your question for me: I'v got no idea! I too have been looking for their marriage prior to Sept. 1925

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for responding, JonI am baffled by this. I wonder if, after her divorce from Theodor and short-lived marriage to Olaus, if Sørine gave up on men?! She is buried under her birth name (Karlsen). Children, Knut & Margot, are buried in the same plot (Tønsberg gamle, AU-09-15) with her.If you are searching on my behalf, I really appreciate it, but you don't need to continue. I have given up!mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.