Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#77047] Bygdeboks for Avaldsnes or Skåre in Rogaland

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I’m trying to find information about Peder Theodor Halvorsen – his marriage to Maria Ottesen and the birth of their child, Haldis. Peder was the son of Herman Marcus Julius Halvorsen (f. Oslo) and Anna Kristine Paulsdatter Skeie. Herman Marcus & Anna Kristine had five children at Kallevik and four at Visnes, in Avaldsnes. Peder Theodor was born 1884 at Visnes. He married Maria Ottesen probably about 1910-1911. I found records of three children so far – Haldis (f. 22 Sep 1912 at ??), Kristine (f. 30 Jun 1916 at Rossebø), and Johan Kristian (f. 4 Jul 1921 at Rossebø).According to burial records, Maria was born 13 Nov 1889 and died 4 Oct 1970. Haldis is buried with her at Vår Frelser in Haugesund. Peder is also buried there, but in a different grave.I can’t find birth records for Maria or Haldis. I also cannot fine a marriage record for Peder & Maria. I have looked in Haugesund, Skåre and Avaldsnes.I was wondering if there might be mention of Peder Theodor and Maria in the bygdebok for Avaldsnes or Skåre. Perhaps one of these books has clues to where Maria came from. Peder and his family have been associated with Kallevik & Visnes in Avaldsnes, and Lillesund & Rossebø in Skåre.I believe Peder & Maria might have been married in the area where she lived. And maybe Haldis was born there too. I looked for Marie Ottesen in the 1900 census, but didn’t find anything certain.I would appreciate any assistance...Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Arthur Hansen

Peder Theodor and Maria, married 13.5.1912 in Haugesund. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Marie born 13.11.1889 in Lærdal, Sogn og Fjordane and his father - Jakob Ottesen Lærdal. Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kurt Østbye

Marie ble konfirmert den 28. mai 1905 i Hauge i Lærdal. Konfirmant nr. 12, Marie Jakobsdtr.LenkeHennes foreldre var vognmann Jakob Ottesen og hustru Kari Hansdtr.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Johan Arthur Hansen

Kristine born 30.6.1916, d. 5.7.2000, married Audun Sundve born 16.1.1919, d.18.2.1985 in Haugesund. Johan Arthur Hansen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Wow! It's amazing how much one bit of information (where Marie was born) helps! I found her baptism at Lærdalsøren, as Maria Jakobsdatter, and also found the baptism of Haldis, also at Lærdalsøren.I really did look in Haugesund for their marriage. I guess it just took another set of eyes to see it.Again, thank you Johan Arthur & Kurt, for looking and for what you found.Johan Arthur -- I assumed Haldis never married because she was buried with her mother. Was there another source that showed this information? I'm just curious.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Ask

Anna Kristine Paulsdatter born sep.5. 1845. Parents Magela Torbjørnsdatter Skeie and Paul Iversen Førland in Tysvær, #116:Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Avaldsnes i Avaldsnes, Ministerialbok nr. A 6 (1839-1847), Fødte og døpte 1845, side 104. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1578&idx_id=1578&uid=ny&idx_side=-112>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke Confirmation Oct. 5. 1862, #75:Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Avaldsnes, Kopervik i Avaldsnes, Ministerialbok nr. A 9 (1853-1865), Konfirmerte 1862, side 59. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke Herman and Anna Kristine married Dec. 9 1871, #35:Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Avaldsnes i Avaldsnes, Ministerialbok nr. A 12 (1865-1880), Ekteviede 1871, side 161. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke Paul Iversen bab. Tysvær Jan. 17. 1819 (twins), #5: Kildeinformasjon: Rogaland fylke, Tysvær i Skjold, Ministerialbok nr. A 4 /1 (1815-1830), Fødte og døpte 1819, side 46. Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you, Øystein, for this information. I don't have anything more on Magela. I'll have to look for her.I found where Audun & Kristine announced their marriage in 1941 Haugesund, here: Permanent sidelenke: LenkeIs there any way to tell from this record when they actually got married? I see three dates mentioned (13 Mar, 19 Mar and 24 Mar).mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

About Anna Kristine's confirmation (7), can someone tell me what is the name of the farm where she was living? I can't make it out.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks, Geir! I sure got that one wrong! To me it looked like the farm name ended in 'jnin'.I wondered about this farm name, because I can't find a trace of Anna Kristine's parents after her birth. In 1865 (3 years after her confirmation), she is a Tjenestepige at Visnes. At Skeie, the closest match I found was an unmarried woman 'Borgela Torbjørnsd.' born abt 1815 in Avaldsnes. I can't find Paul Iversen Førland at all.I found an excerpt about Skeie in the county books for Karmøy here: http://slektsforumkarmoy.no/english/index.htmlI didn't see anything in the file that looked related.Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Johan Arthur!Now, the biggest mystery is -- who was the mother of Anne Kristine Paulsdatter? In her birth record, it looks like either Ragela or Magele Torbjørnsdtr Skeie. In her confirmation record, it looks more clearly like Magele. As I wrote in (11), the closest I could find was Borgela Torbjørnsdtr, unmarried, age 50. She is living at Skeie with her son, Torbjørn Nilsen. He was born 18 Feb 1850 to unmarried 'Birgitte' Torbjørnsdtr Skeie and Nils Johansen Døle. Another variation on the name!I looked for Borgela's birth in Avaldsnes and found nothing even close. In 1801, there were only seven Torbjørns in Avaldsnes.Torbjørn Holgersen (30) at UdvigTorbjørn Pedersen (20) at WaageTorbjørn Ingebrigtsen (5) at QvalevogTorbjørn Torbjørnsen (67) at StangelandTorbjørn Larsen (40) at Stokke NordTorbjørn Olsen (1) at HovringsøeTorbjørn Olsen (23) at AxdalI eliminated the man at Stangeland because he was too old. But he did have a son, Torbjørn, b 1769. I don't find him in 1801 Avaldsnes.I (preliminarily) eliminated the men from Udvig, Waage, Qvalevog and Stokke Nord, because I checked the county books for those farms on http://slektsforumkarmoy.no/english/index.html and they did not have a daughter with that name. I could not check the men at Hovringsøe and Axdal.But I did notice that one of the witnesses at Anne Kristine's baptism was from Udvig. Probably a coincidence.I even looked for a confirmation of 'Borgela'. Nothing.She may remain a mystery...Hilsen Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.