Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#77104] Portretter av familien Daae

Gjest Tybring Hemphill
 Del

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Does anyone have any familiarity with or insight into the possible identities of several portraits/miniatures, copies of which are held by the Folkemuseum and identified as being of members of the Daae family? I am descended from Anders Daae (1680-1763) whose portrait in the Folkemuseum collection was able to be identified by cross-referencing with the Portrettarkiv in Oslo. Unfortunately, they do not have copies of the pictures included in this post so cannot help to identify the subjects. The Folkemuseum does not seem to have any further information to help identify. Given the appearance of the subjects, the portraits are quite old and could perhaps show some of the children of Anders Daae and their spouses. This is what I am trying to confirm. Thank you in advance for any help or ideas.

bilete8985.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I had seen these portraits before. They were in the possession of the Folkemuseet and are the ones that I helped to identify by comparing with identified ones at the Portrettarkiv. Where did you obtain these copies? Are you descended from Anders Daae?I think the attached picture looks quite a bit like the one you included of Anders Daae, but it is unidentified in the Folkemuseet collection. What do you think?

bilete9013.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Here is another one of the Folkemuseet copies of a portrait. This one looks very much like other portraits I have seen painted by the portrait artist Hans Sager who painted several Heiberg portraits and also one of Anne Marie Schonevig fodt Linde, all in the early 1700s

bilete9014.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 6 måneder senere...
Gjest Svein Tislevoll

The priest (3) looks a bit like Anders Daae and his wife, can he been one of their son ? His nose look very like the nose of Birgitta.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Hi Svein. Yes I agree about the nose. I had not noticed that before. Anders and Birgitte had at least 6 children who lived to be adults. There were several other children for whom I have not found death dates.The known adult children in order were:Jonas Daae 1717-77 sogneprest at Vik married Dorothea Margrethe Finde Karen Daae 1718-96 married Fredrik Wilhelm Tuchsen Christine Daae 1719-82 married Hans Grøn Ludvig Daae 1723-86 sogneprest at Lindas married Drude Cathrine Haar Anne Daae 1725-71 married Henrik Pedersen Finde Gerhard Daae 1728-84 married Cathrine Elisabeth KnagenhjelmFrom the other debate in which we have both been involved, you know that there are portraits in the Finde family and I know as well that it was a tradition in the Knagenhjelm family. I do not know the others.The picture included in #4 above, as I said, looks like it was painted by Hans Sager as it resembles two others I have seen. Here is one of Anne Marie Schonevig fodt Linde who lived 1685-1786. I would guess that she is a young woman and so that this was painted around 1710. If that is the case, then this picture in #4 at least must not be of a child of Anders Daae as the dates do not match.

bilete10244.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Here is a painting of Christence Heiberg 1701-1739, daughter of Gjert Heiberg and Sophie Ronne, who married Georg Burchard Jersin. She appears to be painted by the same artist as #7 and #4 and seems to be a little girl in the picture, which also suggests a date for the painting around 1710. I have not been able to find a book about the paintings of Hans Sager or even a list of his portraits, but such a source, it it could be found might help clear up this mystery.

bilete10245. heiberg.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Hopefully this works. As I look further at the picture, perhaps the narrow waist suggests that the portrait was painted between 1710 and 1720 but more towards the end of that period

bilete10247.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Here is another of the 'Daae' portraits viewable on digitaltmuseum. This one, like #3 appears to show a priest and we know that Anders Daae's sons Jonas and Ludvig were both priests, so this could be them. More likely perhaps is that this one, which looks more recent than #3, is a son of #3.

bilete10248.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

And here is the last male of the 'Daae' collection. if we can date and eventually identify any of these, it will likley help with all of the others as I imagine tht when Gustav Borgen photographed the originals they were all in the possession of one person. Perhaps whoever has the originals of Anders Daae and Birgitte Munthe has these other portraits/miniatures as well, but I do not know who that is. In 1886 as seen in the attached link, those were owned by Sorenskriver L. Daae of Solnør. But you can see that several other portraits arre also mentioned and so perhaps these mystery portraits are those that are named in the book. But which is which?Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Tislevoll

Number 11 was wel painting same time as number 1, maybe that is a sister or wife to the man at number 1 ?Yesterday, I saw a book you have scanned about portretts of people in Bergen. Was some of them I never had seen before.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I'm glad you liked the Bergenske Malter Portretter. I agree that #11 and !1 may be from the same time period - I would think late 1700's, before the French Revolution when the women still wore all of the fancy clothing - but I still don't know who they are.Do you have any ideas about a book or article on the paintings of Hans Sager?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.