Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#77621] Kaddan (?) gard i Laudal, Vest-Agder

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to figure out the name of the farm in Laudal (Vest-Agder) where Gunder Thorsen and some of his siblings were born. Here is a link to his baptism:Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9524&idx_id=9524&uid=ny&idx_side=-141>LenkeAnd here is a transcribed version of the record:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torleif Odland

I would think you are looking for Kalland in Laudal, if you have trouble Patti, I'm a trip to the National Archives in Kristiansand, once a time every week, you need help? torl-o@online.noTorleif

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks for the kind offer, Torleif. However, I don't think that will be necessary.I thought it must be Kalland, but what confused me is that this other spelling (Kaddan) is repeated in other birth records for this family. I'm not an expert at reading handwriting in the kirkebøker, but it looks like 'Kadd...' and not 'Kall...'.I looked for the farm name in 1801 and 1865, in O.Rygh and in 'Matrikkelutkastet av 1950'. This is the interesting thing -- Kalland (in Laudal) is gnr 29. In 1900 Laudal, gnr 29 = 'Kaddan'. Don't know what to make of this!I plan to enter these records into my file using 'Kalland', but I want to be accurate.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker

The confusion is still on maps of today, both Kaddan and Kalland are used LenkeKaddan is how it is pronouced according to local dialect, 'll' in the local dialect is pronouced 'dd', and the last d is never pronounced. I think I would prefer it written as it is spoken, Kaddan.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.