Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#77661] Enojärvi-surname

Gjest Jorma Kananen
 Del

Gjest Jorma Kananen

I'm looking for information of Enojärvi's, who are mentioned in norwegian census of 1875 and 1900. In Finland there are only one Enojarvi-family. There are two Karl Enojärvis mentioned (Karl Konrad Enojervi b.1859, census 1900 and Karl Andreas Enojervi b. 1850 census 1875 ) and Henrik Enojarvi, who went to America. Do you have any idea, who were fathers of those Enojarves mentioned in norwegian censuses, or are there more of Enojarvi-persons.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

The name is Enojärvi and they come from Heikilä in Kuusomo Oulu so it is the same family in Finland probably. Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

There was a Carl Enojärvi b.11.4.1851 Nor Ijå in Li parish. Anders Enojärvi & Maria.There are no birth records after 1851.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorma Kananen

There is this Karl Enojarvi you mentioned born 12.2.1851 Ii Finland, he was son of Antti (Andreas) Enojarvi b.10.8.1810 Kuusamo Heikkila Enojarvi, and he was son of Matti Enojärvi (b.4.1.1787 etc.. The problem is that Karl Enojarvi b.1851 stayed in Oulu Finland about 1869 and then he disappeared.. According norwegian census his birth year was 1850. Is it possible that Norway census ha wrong birth year? If this Karl is the same person, then I have succeeded to link him to Enojarvis of Kuusamo Finland, which I have now about 1200 persons from 1650-1900. What about this Karl Konrad Enojärvi? I dont find any link to him from my finnish database. Then we have Henrik Enojärvi, who went to America year 1881. Who was he?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Jorma,the Census only shows what they are told by who ever is home.Very often the birth years are incorrect.The Karl Andreas f.1850 in Vardo is probably Carl f.1851 in Ii.If he dissappeared in 1869,he could have gone to Vardo. There also is a Josofine Enojærvi f.1885 Vardo who went to Cokato,Minnesota,USA in 1910.She must know someone in Cokato as it is a small town. Possibly Henrik lives there? Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Here is something interesting. 16 Nov.1911 Ellis Island Karl Arvid Enajervi f.1887 from Vardo went to North Minneapolis.Reference was friend Josefine Enajervi.Karls mother is Anna Enejervi in M ? Rusland. Also with Karl is Olaf Olson from Vardo. Finn who gives friend Josefine as contact.Olafs father in M?,Rusland is Josef Olson

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Cokato was a destination in the USA for Finns.In Holmes City NW of Cokato all the Finns who lived there came from Oulu. I also found some other Enojarvis in Ellis Island. Heikki Jenovari f.1863 wife Caisa f.1863 and daughter Kalle from Tio and going to Calumet , Michigan.Ron

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorma Kananen

Thanks for your information. I have one Henrik Enojärvi in my database born 1854 Ii, but according my information he got passport 1898 from Finland, arrived 5.5.1898,went to Calumet Michigan. According norwegian information he went 1881 to America and was born about 1861. I have Josefine (1884) in my database, her youngest brother was Karl Arvid Enojärvi b.1888. If he went to America is a new information. I suppose Karl Arndreas 1850, Karl Arvid 1888, Henrik Enojarvi 1866 and Josefine 1884 are now found and connected to Enojärvi-Family. We have still Karl Konrad Enojervi b 1859?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Henrik went to Hancock,Michigan 23.06.1881 from Trondheim. He lived in Vadsø.Its possible he returned to Finland and went back to Michigan in 1898.I thought it was possible Karl was a brother of Josefine but the manifest says she was a friend.I can not make out where Karls mother Anna lived.It looks like Murmansk,Rusland but did Finns live in that area? Anna lives in the same place as Josef Olsen so maybe there is a family connection there too?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

Heikki Enojarvi arrived 5 May 1898 from Liverpool ( 8 ) So this could be Henrik with wife Caisa and daughter Kalle. He has gone back to Finland and returned.Heikki was in the USA before in 1881 according to the manifest.Kalle is 4 years old so she was born in Finland 1894. They were with a group all coming from Tio? I can not find a Tio in Finland.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson

I found another Enojarvi which might be connected to you. John Enojarvi age 26 on 17 May 1892 in Ellis Island. 1901 Census for Yukon ( Canada ) shows John Enojarvi 35 is a miner and single. John Enojarvi f.20 June 1865 in Finland died 22 Oct. 1938 in hospital in Seattle,Washington,USA. His parents were Andrew ( Andreas? ) Enojarvi and wife Anna in Finland.John died unmarried and was buried in Kent,Washington on 24 Oct.1938.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorma Kananen

Russian Places: Finland belonged to Russia between 1809-1918. Acctually finns were russian citizens in Ellis Island books before 1919. About 1000 finns lived in Kola peninsula by Icesee, which belonged to Russia. They lived in fjords of Icesee, some of them in part of Norway. Those Enojarves I'm looking for by Icesea mentioned in norwegian hist.books lived in Uura-fjord or Pummanki fjord. Most of those fjords belonged to Russia.TIO is not right, II- is the right place. Some of Enojarves lived in II, some in Heikkila Kuusamo, some by Icesea(Norway and Russia). If you want to see books of Finnish church, see below:http://www.sukuhistoria.fi/sshy/index.htm

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jorma Kananen

Hey In Finland there is not such a place as Tio. We have a city and parish called Ii (ii), then we have Ii-river. Perhaps officers in New York heard the pron. wrong, Ii sounds like Tio. OBS; its not Li (li), I's Ii (ii or Igor, igor = Ii, not Ligor, igor not Li). I'll check my database of those you mentioned who went to America, I suppose I'll find link to every of them. Then there are some mysteroius about fathers they mentioned, because some of them had only mother (but of course there had to been some man: unmarried oäktä

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.