Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#77798] Help with Ølen kirkebøker!

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

I am trying to figure out who married Ingebrigt Mikkelsen Indbjoa. We have information from a cousin that he did marry and had at least one son, but that's all we know. Here is a baptism for Karl Nymark (son of his sister Karine). Permanent sidelenke: LenkeIngebrigt is listed as a witness. Right after his name is Gjertine Larsen. There are other words before their names, but I can't read them. I think it says Gjertine is a wife, but does it say she is Ingebrigt's wife... or just the wife of someone. Also, is there something in this record indicating whether Ingebrigt is married or not? He was definitely unmarried when he witnessed the baptism of Karine's son, Mikal, in 1913.Can anyone help me?Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Norodd Hagenson

Ingebrigt in the 1900 census: LenkeWitnesses: Gbr. (farmer) Mikkel P. Indbjoe, do. (same) Ole E. Hetland, stuert (steward) Ingebrigt M. Indbjoe, gbrkone (farmers wife) Gjertine Larsen og hj.v.gbrdtr. (farmer's daughter living at home) Serina L. Grundwaag.Apparently Ingebrigt was a sailor. Do you know where he lived? Finding his marriage record might require some work. If you do not find it in Bjoa/Ølen, it would be a good idea to look in cities like Bergen or Haugesund.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mariann Stokken

I would write an e-mail to: sastavanger@arkivverket.noask them for information from the 'seamenrolls' (Sjømannsruller) about Ingebrigt Mikkelsen Indbjoa, write his birthdate and ask them to look in the rolls from Haugesund and/or Stavanger. Tell them that he was a steward in 1919.It could maybe be in Bergen too, but I think the best is to start with Haugesund/Stavanger.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thanks to Norodd, Mariann & Øystein!I did find his burial on 'Gravminner i Norge'. There does not appear to be a picture for this grave, so I looked at the location to see who was buried around him. There was not anyone who seemed to be his wife. About that, I need to correct one thing I wrote -- we do not know certainly that he was married. Only that he had a son. I made that assumption, which is possibly wrong.I searched the kirkebøker for Bjoa and Ølen, looking for a marriage or birth of his son. As of 1929, I found nothing. I have not looked in any other locations yet.He was born 7 April 1891 at Innbjoa. I believe that he emigrated to America, but later returned to Norway. His brother, Peder (my husband's grandfather), emigrated to New York, where he died in 1928.I found a man in the 1930 census for Brooklyn, New York who seems to match his information. It states that he was a sailor and that he immigrated from Norway in 1919. I also found records of Ingebrigt Mikkelsen (b ca 1891) who worked as a steward on the ship named 'Pluto' from 1923-1924. This ship sailed between New York and Walton, Nova Scotia (Canada).I will write for his seaman's records... but I wondered why you said it would be best to start with Stavanger? I know Bjoa is part of Rogaland now, but isn't it closer to Bergen than Stavanger? Just curious...mvh Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Ask

There are two women named Mikkelsen buried at Bjoa: Evelyn (23.03.1916-08.04.1995) and Louise (1882-1958), but I don’t know whether they are related to Ingebrikt or his two brothers.Ølen is only 40 min. from Haugesund and thats the best place to start.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Hei Øystein!Louise was married to Ingebrigt's brother, Peder Johannes Mikkelsen. Evelyn is Peder's daughter with his first wife, Janna Marie Juliusdtr.I'll look at Haugesund... but it's a bit of a needle-in-a-haystack... since I don't know the names of mother and child.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Øystein Ask

If Ingebrigt had a son out off wedlock it might be a tall order to find him. You know they say “sailors have a sweetheart in every harbour.”If you are looking for Ingebrikt in the 'seamenrolls' you have to follow Mariann’s instructions in entry 3.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Øystein, again, I thank you for your assistance!I will write to the Stavanger archives.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.