Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#77802] Karoline Barbo (b. 1887 Kristiansund, Romsdal)

Gjest Bill Woods
 Del

Gjest Bill Woods

Searching for the family of Karoline Barbo (believe last name, surname, Kvalvik) who is believed to have been born in Kristiansund, Romsdal ca 1887-1889, and should have married there between ca 1910 and 1917 to Oluf K. (C.) Barbo. This information comes from two records:1. Norwegian Departure Record, Oluf, Karoline and Erling Barbo from Trondheim (1920): Lenke2. Ship Arrival (Immigration) Record to US which lists the Barbo family with wife, Karoline, as having been sister to Johan Kvalvik who had emigrated from Norway to the US in 1910 with brother, Lars. We believe this ship arrival record has been interpreted correctly but there is an issue in finding Karoline in Norwegian records with any connection to any Kvalvik family, including the Johan Kvalvik family as further discussed.We believe Johan and Lars were from the Kvalvig(k) family, parents: Johannes Larsen and Gjertru Iversdatter of Kvalvig, Frei in Kristiansund. However, we search this family of Frei with many children born to Johannes and Gjertru within the right timefram but DO NOT find Karoline as a member of this family. Possibly, we have missed her in these records.We are searching for Karoline's origin (her family), plus we would like to find Oluf Barbo and Karoline's marriage record which should be found in Kristiansund or Frei records.Oouf and Karoline had onl;y one known child (adopted 1916 in Kristiansund) named Erling Kristiansen (adopted to Barbo). Possibly, we may need to search out Trondheim records more for their marrige record but have not found it to date.Oluf K. Barbo was born 14 June 1887 Kristiansund i Kristiansund and baptized there on 3 July 1887. As mentioned, he left Norway with his family in 1920, destination: US, North Dakota.Any leads would be helpful. Sorry, but I do not speak Norwegian. Sincerely, Bill Woods

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tore Kristiansen

The records of Ellis Island show that 'Brotherin-law John Kvalvik, Øvregaten, Kristiansund' was Oluf Barbo's nearest relative in Norway. The column says: 'The name and address of nearest relative or friend in country whence alien came.'It doesn't say that John Kvalvik was Karoline's brother, just that he was the brother-in-law of Oluf C. Barbo. He could have been married to a sister of Oluf Barbo (Olga) or, of course, a brother of Karoline.In 1900 the Barbo-family lived in the same house as my ancestors; the Knobloch's: [url="http://www.rhd.uit.no/folketellinger/ftliste.aspx?ft=1900&knr=1503&kenr=048&bnr=0018&lnr=01>Lenke :)The two Kvalvig-emigrants of 1910 Lenke Johan and Lars came from Lille Myren under Kvalvik LenkeThe only John Kvalvik in the address book from Kristiansund 1917-1918 was called John Asphaug Kvalvik. Asphaug is another farm under Kvalvik LenkeJohn Asphaug Kvalvik was in Kristiansund in 1900-census:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørn Olav Åsvold

John Kvalvik was born on the farm Asphaug in Kvalvik, Frei on Jan 24, 1870. His parents were Johannes Størkersen (from Gløsvåg) and Beret Anna Isaksdatter (from Omsund). John and Olufine Caroline Barbo married in Kristiansund on Dec 12, 1895. Olufine was born on Jul 12, 1878 in Kristiansund and was the daughter of Oluf and Karen Barbo. I am a descendant of John’s sister Ane Marie.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bill Woods

Thanks for the comments with regard to Karoline Barbo. Tore and Bjorn, I would like your e-mail addresses so we can correspond directly with you. I will pass your information on to David Barbo (a friend of mine) and son of Erling Barbo (b. 1916 Kristiansund).Bill Woods, e-mail:WWoods5@q.com

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.