Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#78094] Anne Akselsdtr, om. 1635, Melby, Kvikne, Fron; mor Ronnoug Olsdtr-hvorfra?

Gjest Robert Andersen
 Del

Gjest Robert Andersen

I have information about Anne Akselsdatter and descendants; but am having problewm with further ancestors. Some charts have ancestors for Ronnoug Olsdtr shown as: Ola Tjostolvsen Melby & Tore Ommundsdtr Melby. And Ola as son of Tjostolv Amundsen , b. Sandbu, Vaagaa (1542-1622) & Guri Amundsdtr Norstegard - and more ancestors of these, too. But I can find no 'source' for these names. Does anyone know of a bygdebok or other resource which will 'prove' Ronnoug's ancestors? Thank you for any help you can give.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Arnolf Bjørndal

Also see LenkeYou can trace the family at Sør-Sandbu back to Gunnar Ivarsson, who still lived 1483, and his father Ivar Tjøstolvsson, d. before 1441, but Ivar and his brothers mostly lived in Fron, south of Vågå in Gudbrandsdalen. It is not known which connection they had to Sandbu.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Andersen

To Lars: I looked at the 'book index' and it looks like the book mentioned in Slekten Moestue; but I could not get into the Engebret Hougen book. I also went to your website, tried to 'register' and could not get in. Is there any other way to see the written material? (Sorry, although I can understand most Norsk, 'jeg ikke skrive det' so good). This does look like what I have been hoping to find; I did try in the U.S. but usual library could not help on this one. Thank you for any help you can give. Hilsen fra Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Andersen

Lars - we tried to download that Adobe program but, so far, have been unable to do so. A friend/distant cousin from the Geni list was able to show me pages 124 & 125 of the Hougen book; that IS the family I was looking for. It seems that there might be more information on the ancestors for some of these people, and that they would be in this book; so we will keep trying to download the Adobe program. In the meantime, I must say 'Tusen tak' for your help. Hilsen, Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Andersen

This 'new information' brings me back to: Ola Tjostolvsson (ca 1580-ca 1645); and Amund Andersson Berge (b. ca 1550); and Torgier Ivarsson paa Boe, Fron (b. ca 1575). Still hope for earlier ancestors. Hilsen, Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Ove Wangensteen

If you still have problem with adobe, there are other alternative programs. Use google. Alternatively, I could send you the pages that apply Melby in another file format by e-mail.But I do not understand that it may be difficult to find a flash player application that can be installed on your computer

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Andersen

My son was able to get into the website and the book Volume I. He has sent me some of the pages, and will try to send me the rest, between pages 110 & 124. These people seem to go back from Ronnoug Olsdatter. One of the people in the tree/chart on page 110 refers to Harildstad slekt. Is that also in the Engebret Hougen book? How did you find this wonderful book? Thank you for your help. (We will continue to try to get the rest of the applicable pages.) Tusen tak! Hilsen, Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Andersen

Hi, Lars. If it is believed that there were errors in Hougen's vol 2 and 3, is it believed that the information in vol 1 is correct? He seems to have examined many documents and done a lot of analysis to come up with his conclusions in what I have seen so far in vol 1 (although right now I am missing almost every other page....waiting for the rest from my son). Most of the tree on page 110 seems to be what is on the 'line' provided by others on the Geni site, although there are 'additions' that are Not on this page 110. This 'line' seems to join with the Bratt family. Are you related to the 'Slekten Moestue' also? (Of course, you need not respond to that.) Anyway, thank you for your help; too bad I could not work out that flash program. Hilsen, Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lars Ove Wangensteen

HiEngebret Hougen was a well-known genealogists, and vol 1 was his own work, and there are few errors in this volumeVol 2 and 3 were released after Hougen death, and based on his manuscripts. I do not think these manuscripts were finished. Therefore, some errors.Bratt family is very well known in Norway, and has thousands of descendants, both in Norway and abroad. Remember Norway is a small country :-)Another factor is that genealogies have evolved much since Hougen death, and new information has surfaced, and it is goodAnd I'm not in the family with Mostue

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Robert Andersen

Thank you for that information about Hougen (and why the difference). I already have one 'line' that goes back to Bratts through Romedal/Vang, etc. I may find out if this one is also connected through Steinar, but have not yet been able to get 'proof' of that. (still having trouble with the Adobe flash; thought it was installed but still does not work.) I have been searching through old debatt on this site. Thank you again for your help. Hilsen, Barbara

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.