Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#78125] 1921 adoption

Gjest Kristin Eyler
 Del

Gjest Kristin Eyler

My grandmother was adopted in 1921. When will those records be available to my family to see? I do know her biological parents' names, but do not know any other specifics about it. thanks for your time/help kristin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yngve Nedrebø

The Norwegian law on adoption from 1917 did not close the information. It was not before the change in 1935 that 'strong' adoption were introduced in Norway. Strong adoption ment that information about the bilological parents were hidden.So I would surprised if the 1921 info is unavailable!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin Eyler

Thanks for you help, that makes me feel better about finding out information. Any clues to how I would obtain this or who to write to? Best Regards

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin Eyler

She was born in Olso in the Women's clinic May 11, 1921. She is just listed as 'girl', her real parents are Paula Kristine Bergby and Waledamar Pedersen. Baptized in Dec 1921 in Tveit with adopted parents Ole and Matilde Thorkildsen. Came to the US in October of 1922. Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Myhre

When she was born...what more than her parents name are noted? Any living place, address or age?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin Eyler

Her biological parents were not married at the time of her birth. Her mother was 16 and her father 20. Towns listed for them were Rakkastad and Sarpsborg. The town listed for the adopted parents says Koestol. My grandmother always talked of being from Kristiansand. I would like to find out about the relationship between the 2 families or any other details about the adoption. How did Olaf Thorkildsen and his wife Matilde come to be adoptive parents? I would think they would have some connection to the biological parents. Thanks again for your time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørg Hukkelberg

In 1900 we find Olaf Thorkildsen b. 1890 at Kostøl in Tveit. This is now listed under Kristiansand

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kristin Eyler

Thanks for the info on Olaf and the link to ancestry. I put up the link on ancestry to find out I had the wrong Waldemar Pedersen, so sorry that should be removed. I really want to find out more on the biological parents. Cannot find Paula Kristine Bergby's death record or marriage to R. Olsen (they later divorced) etc. Have contacted Waledmar's daughter thru mail. Best Regards

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.