Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#78345] Where is Insut Norway located.

Gjest Kim Schmitt
 Del

Gjest Anfinn Bernaas

Insut is obviously a misspelling. It doesn't make sense in Norwegian. Could it be Inset/Insæt or other variations? In which context is this place name?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Good morning, I'm not sure what the context is. All I do know a Sivert Botnan was born in Insut, norway December 4, 1904 and died November 30, 1987 in the same place. I do believe he got married their as well to Edna Easthagen from Minneasota ,usa. There is no records here of their marriage. I knew he was buried here in the states in 1989. I just don't know what county would Inset or Insaet would be located in Thanks Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Hamberg

Hello! Think I found him!Sivert was born at Botnan in Innset on Dec.2, 1904 and christened (I believe in Innset church) January 6, 1905. Parents:Nils Sivertsen Botnan and Kjerstine Johansdatter.Source: MINI#7 for Innset in Kvikne 1887-1911 (chr#1m-1905). (Look under 'Scanned parish records'/Hedmark county).Innset is located in the northwestern corned of Hedmark county, right on the border towards Sør-Trøndelag county.Regards Kjell Hamberg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Thanks for the direct link!! I also found his confirmation record. I was wondering if someone has the bydebok for that parish after 1937. The archives only go through 1937.Thanks Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kim Schmitt

Thanks for the direct link!! I also found his confirmation record. I was wondering if someone has the bydebok for that parish after 1937. The archives only go through 1937.Thanks Kim

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dag T. Hoelseth

Even if there are no records of a marriage in Minneapolis, it still could have taken place there - I would be surprised if all the marriages are registered... It seems more likely that they got married in Minneapolis where both lived as late as in 1930, cf. the US 1930 census, than that they should go to Norway to get married. Obviously Sivert was on a home visit in 1987 and died there (as you know, Edna was born on 28 March 1891 and died in December 1972). Just my two cents...Have you searched for their obituaries? They might give a clue about when they got married.DTH

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dag T. Hoelseth

Yes, I should have mentioned in my message no. 8 that both were single as of 1930 according to the US Census that year.DTH

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Dag T. Hoelseth

So 'Sever Botnan Minneapolis, Hennepin, Minnesota abt 1904 Minnesota Lodger' is not 'your' Sivert Botnan?DTH

bilete9388.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 2 uker senere...
Gjest Leiv Skjerve

PACH BotnanNills d e Sivetsen Botnan b 1870 was the son of Marit Nilsdatter Botnan b 1844, married to smed Sivert Nilsen b 1840, unknown Marit was the daughter of Nils d y Kristoffersen Botnan b about 1800 and Olava Margrethe Iversdatter Brattbost b 1817. Have a look at [url="http://leskjerv.seria.no/aner/0005>http://leskjerv.seria.no/aner/0005)5632.htmNils d e b 1870 was married to Kristine Johansdatter Flatmo b 1881 She was the sister of Esten Johansen b 1883 Haqve a look at:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.