Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#78532] Tommas Torstensen f. 1749 i Gran

Gjest Darin Flansburg
 Del

Gjest Darin Flansburg

I am looking for more information on Tomes Torstensen baptized 16 Mar 1749 in Gran. Does anyone know if he went to Aurdal and married there?I found that a Tommas Torstensen and Ane Andersdatter baptized a child named Tosten in 1781 in Gran. I am wondering if he is the same Tommas Torstensen who was the son of Torsten Tommasen and Helga Torstensdatter of Gran??

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Ole Arild Vesthagen

This is not the same person. Tomes Torstensen who was baptized 16 March 1749 later married Ingeborg Christophersdatter and settled on the farm Herberg in Nannestad. They lived there in 1801, you will findt them in the census here: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Darin Flansburg

Actually this is hard to explain. I am in the process with several others of creating a massive database. To date we have roughly 31.000 people in the database. The majority of these people are of Etnedal, Nord-Aurdal, Sør-Aurdal and Nordre Land.The information was based on the various bygdebøker. What we are doing is going through the information now and trying to find supporting evidence in the church records. One individual that we cannot find is Tommas Torstenson f. 1749. Where he was born we do not know. We do know that he died in Dec 1791 at Bergsbakkeneie,Etnedal,Valdres,Norway.I noticed that he and Anne Andersdatter had at least one child that was baptized in Gran. The name Tommas Torstenson and Tøsten/Torsten etc... seems to pop up a lot in Gran. I know it is not THAT common in Aurdal. I did find an individual born in Gran named Tommas Torstensen that COULD be the one that went to NA. This Tommas was baptized 16 Mar 1749 and was the son of Torsten Tommason and Helga Tostensdatter.Apart from Anne Andersdatter Tommas also had wife Berit Halvorsdatter. They married 28 Mar 1767 at Bruflat.If you are able in helping solve this mystery I would certainly appreciate it. For now though I can only say it is speculation that this particular Tommas Torstenson was from Gran - I only base it on the fact that he baptized his child there and that there was a Tommas Torstenson born the same year in Gran as the one that I am looking for.Thank you Hans and Ole for all your help - more help would be greatly appreciated.Darin

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.