Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#78895] Burials in Västra Fågelvik close to Norwegian Swedish border near Øymark Church

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton
 Del

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

My gg grandparents left Sweden in 1871 to live at the Sloreby farm in Norway (Øymark church) and their deaths are recorded there. They were Anders Andersson and Kaisa Andersdotter from Vang farm in Västra Fågelvik, Varmland, SW. I have been told of a marker or monument close to the Norwegian Swedish border in Sweden. Does anyone have an idea if my gg grandparents may have been buried on Swedish soil?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Weidling

Dear CarlaWhen Anders died 1889, the parish-register for Øymark give information about date of death, date of burrial and date of 'jordfæstet'. Here it looks like the burrial realy was in Øymark. The same when Kaisa died 1912.In the registers of burrials in Västra Fågelvik there are no mention of Anders in 1889 or Kaisa in 1912.The 'bygdebok' for Øymark give no information that indicate burrials other places than in Øymark.Tor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hans Petter Engh

As Tor has told I,m sure that your gg grandparents both was burried in Norwegian soil in Øymark parish. When Kaisa died she was a farmerwidow and she was a rentier. Did they got more than one child? Perhaps You have relatives in Norway too?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Weidling

According to Øymark bygdebok, vol. II, p. 552, Anders and Kaisa had 5 children:Anders born 1856 in Sweden, Karoline b. 1861 in Sweden, Anne Marie b. 1866 in Sweden, Johan b. 1873 at Sloreby (dead 1874), Elise Juliane b. 1875 at Sloreby.Tor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Thank you all for your replies. Anders and Kaisa had 7 children that I have found. An Eric (1864) and Mina (1859) born in Sweden and died young. The daughter, Elise Juliane (1875) married Anders Julius Hansen (from the Dybedal farm) in the 1900 census. Elise died after the birth of a child on 17 July 1906. I have wondered what Anders JULIUS Hanson did after her death. I have searched the digitized records with no luck. Would the bygdebok have any information under the Dybedal farm? I would also appreciate seeing what the bygdebok says about the Sloreby farm. I have a 20 year old picture of theSloreby farm. As so many of Anders and Kaisa's children died, the only two survivors came to America and Otter Tail County Minnesota. Their son Anders was my gt. grandfather and they used the name Slorby in America. So they were Swedish with a Norwegian farm name.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Weidling

Hei CarlaIn the bygdebok, Hans Petter Johannesen and Karoline Amalie Pettersdatter are mentioned at Dybedal together with Anders Julius and 5 other children. There are no information about the childrens deaths. The bygdebok usualy gives information about deaths in Øymark, but don,t says noting about the death of persons who left Øymark.Tor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Tor,In 1878, Anders and Kaisa were sponsors for the baptism of Nils Olai; son of Ander's sister Mariane and her husband Erik Engebretson. I don't know if they stayed in Norway but I think they lived on another Sloreby (?) farm. Is there a reference to this family in the Bygdebok?Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tor Weidling

Hei CarlaAnders and Kaisa lived at østre (eastern) Sloreby. Erik Ingebretsen (born in Holmedal, Sweden 1834) and Marianne Andersdatter(also born in Holmedal 1834) lived at vestre (western) Sloreby. They came from Holmedal 1871.According to the bygdebok, Erik and Marianne had 8 children: Anne Sjarlotte b. 1857 and went to Kråkstad (a parish in Akershus county, near Oslo) 1867. Lisa was also born 1857, Marie in 1864, Anders Emil in 1866, Johan Edvard in 1869. Emma Mathilde was born at Sloreby 1872, Karl Anton at Sloreby 1874, Nils Olai at Sloreby 1878. Erik, Marianne, Emma Mathilde, Karl Anton and Nils Olai emigrated to Amerika 1882.Tor

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Found them! Pierce County , Wisconsin after someone found them for me on the Christiania emigrant lists going to Red Wing, MN. Thanks Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.