Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#79061] Simon Johan Friis abt 1770 - Kristiansand, Vest Agder

Gjest denny friis
 Del

Gjest denny friis

Not entirely certain which way the name goes.born around 1770, trying to figure out where to go to find any earlier records.The earliest record I can find is of his marriage. Unfortunately it doesn't list his parents, so I'm not certain where to go from here.30 Jun 1792 has marriage record of Simon Johan Frees to Karen Torbiornsd. from Ugland. Believe this indicates that he was born in Pillau Prussia? Or am I reading that wrong. [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?urnread_imagesize=full&info=ingen&hode=nei&show=60&uid=102019&js=j>Lenke1801 census has him listed as Simonn John. Friis Lenke1827 probate records in Vest Agder, Kristiansand. My Norwegian isn't good enough to know exactly what they say. Vest-Agder county, Kristiansand by, Skifteprotokoll 15 , 1817-1831, oppb: Lenke (right page bottom only)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest denny friis

Thank you for the information.Why would Jan Friderich Frees not have fadderne (godparents or witnesses?) listed. Would this be because dad was from Pillau and mom from Oddens??Does this Trolovelse 13/3 1792 vielse 30/6 1792 Lenke really say what I think it does and that he was born in Pillau? with his work (sailor) I couldn't really figure out if it was place of birth or last port he was at.He has at least two other kids also, but the one you found above is my ancestor. I can find much of the stuff going forward, although there are some interesting holes that I'm still trying to fill.Thank you for all the information.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest denny friis

Thank you so much, this is a huge help.On possible parents of Johan Simon Friis/Frees being JOSEPHI FRISE & ROSINAE from Bühlerzell in Baden-Württemberg (message 6 above) wouldn't his parents names be reflected in the names of his kids and grandkids? I've been trying to theorise a possible names for his parents based on naming practices to give at least a starting point since I have so little info on him. Maybe I've been going about that wrong.(info from message 5 above) Gunnille Cathrine b. 22/2 1803 Lenke unmarried in 1827Lovise Frida b. 7/3 1805 Lenke unmarried in 1827, live in Christiania (Oslo)Where are the 1827 dates from? and Christiania (Oslo)? I haven't come across records from that date, or perhaps am missing how to read something I do have.I know Gunnille Catherine married in 1832 (I can pull the record), had a bunch of kids indicating she was still alive in 1843. That's the date of last known kids birth. She appears to have stayed in Kristiansand, Vest Adger.I can find Lovise on the 1865 census w/ her husband and kids in Dybvaag, Vest Adger. I have limited info on her and haven't seen the 'Frida' in her name before.. I only have birth and census records. Haven't been able to find marriage record, but know her husbands name and birthplace.Jan Friderich Frees(aka Johan Friderich Simonsen Friis) marries in 1821 and has at least 5 boys. He also has a son born earlier out of wedlock. He died in Vest Adger in 1865, but doesn't appear on the census.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Michael Moum

Frida should be Friis but it is not clear if it is Friis or Frida see on top of page (left) here [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-sk20081118370531.jpg>Lenke It also say both daugthers are unmarried Lovise in Christiania (probate record).Since he is a seaman he could come from other places than Pillau. Joseph and Rosinae was only one that could fit his age in census 1801 (31 yrs) that I found online. Im not sure if they are his parents. His parents names should be reflected in the names of his kids or grandkids but not always that it is.Johan/Simon Frees is called Johan Simonsen Frees at his daughter Lovises birth. Simon Joh. Friis in cencus 1801 Lenke Simon must be the correct first name. Also in the marrigerecord to Johan Simonsen Friis (skibsbyggersvend) his fathers name is Simon

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest denny friis

With the Christiania (Oslo) lead you provided, I have found Lovise's marriage record. She's listed as Lovise Solberg fad. Friis LenkeSimon Johan Friis is listed as 'Johan Friis' here, unless they are refering to her brother Johan Fredrick, since Simon Johan would have died by marriage date of 1844

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Michael Moum

This was her second? marriage, divorced from her husband Halvor Solberg. Fathers name is skipper Johan Friis, same as it was at her birthrecord.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Michael Moum

Johan Friderich Friis children:Friderich Martin b. 26/11-1811 [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9561&idx_id=9561&uid=ny&idx_side=-326>Lenke mother: Thale Maria AanensdtrIn marriage with Thrine Sophie Jacobsen.Carl Gustav Adolph b. 22/3 1822 LenkeSeverin Emil Andreas b. 18/1 1824 LenkeJulius Theodor b. 21/8 1828 LenkeJohan Fridrik b. 11/11 1830 LenkeGustav Philip b. 1833

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.