Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#79242] Anders Tobias Nilsen

Gjest chuck nelson
 Del

Gjest chuck nelson

My Great-Grandfather was born in Norway on March 5, 1872 emmigrated to the North Dakota, USA in 1891 married my Great-Grandmother Marit Odegaard in 1893. He died on May 3,1907. He used the name Andrew Nelson when he came to America. I do not know anything else about his life in Norway, and would like to have any information that you can find. Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

Hello, Chuck.Could this be the one, perhaps? LenkeThe scanned church books are at the moment unavailable, due to technical maintenance, so I have not been able to check out this persons birth date. He is the only one I found emigrating in this periode of time, so I think it is worth a try to investigate. The emigrant list says he is headed for Minnesota, but he would not be the first to move westwards, would he? :-)You say you don't know anything about his life here i Norway. Does this mean that you have never heard about any connection to a spesific distrikt i Norway?Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

Hei.Jeg kom ikke inn, jeg. Supert. As you can see, Chuck, his father is a swedish laborer from Viken socken in Dalarna (in the midst of Sweden, north of Värmland) At the moment I have a subscription on swedish church books, so I can search for him for you (a bit) later.Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

Hei, Berit.Kildeinformasjon: Møre og Romsdal fylke, Romfo i Sunndal, Klokkerbok nr. 591C01 (1869-1930), Fødte og døpte 1872, uten sidenr. Permanent sidelenke: LenkeAnne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

All this (2,3,5 and 6) is ok, but like Berit (4), I too point to the fact that according to Chuck's info his name was Anders Tobias!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

I totally agree, Berit and Jon Erik, but it was quite interesting that the one I found was born Marts 5. 1872, don't you agree? (I was actually most happy about the fact that the church books was awailable again.) :-)I thought at first his name could sound swedish, but since Chuck sais Anders came from Norway, I suppose he knows that for a fact. Well, one must continue the search until genuin verification is found. Perhaps Chuck knows something that can help in the search.Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest chuck nelson

I do not know for a fact that he came from Norway. I found that on a centennial book from a city in North Dakota with a little article about his family who was one of the first settlers in the region and how he died in 1907 from an accident. . All the information in the books are told by descendants so the information may not be accurate. I do know that he went by the name Andrew Nelson while he was in America as the census records show that, but his Headstone reads Anders Tobias Nilsen.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Margaret Miller

I have had luck going to the original church books for the church he attended in North Dakota. It can be in Norwegian and have a lot of interesting information there. Sometimes there is even a membership list which tells the place they came from. A marriage can tell the birth place too. An obituary is another source that can tell something about birth place. Sometimes there is a county history book for the part of ND he lived in, and that can tell you also.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 1 måned senere...
Gjest chuck nelson

At a Library i found a cemetary book from the county in which he died. and he is listed in their as Anders Tobias Nilsen Gjora? That fits the name that Anne-Lise Hansen found on the christening. Thanks to all who helped with the information. It looks like i may have to try to dig up his roots in Sweden.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

Hello, Chuck. :-)I am pleased that you found him. Good job!Yes, Anders' father was Nils Andersson from Vika sc. in Dalarne, Sweden. His mother, though, was Norwegian I think, since they were not married. At the time of the christening, she was at a place called Roknes (?), Kristiansund, as I read it. I have not found her, but perhaps somebody who knows this area better can help?We don't know how old Nils Andersson from Dalarne is. I have looked at Kopparbergs län in Sveden, where Vika is, to see if I could find him moving out, but these lists stops at 1860. We could perhaps find his birth, but his name is rather ordinary, som we would not know if we have found the right Nils. In this forum, there are quite a few Sweden-experts, that perhaps can give you some advice.You can also post a question at Aforum i Sweden: http://aforum.genealogi.se/discus/ (look under IN ENGLISH)I'll continue looking for him, and will of course come back with information if I find him.Regards Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

I have found a Marit Larsdtr Furu born May 15. 1842 who is leaving Sunndal in 1873 for America. (no. 31) Kildeinformasjon: Møre og Romsdal fylke, Sunndal, Ministerialbok nr. 590A05 (1847-1877), Inn- og utflyttede 1873, side 412. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2293&idx_id=2293&uid=ny&idx_side=-428>LenkeHer father is mentioned as Lars Pedersen.I found her moving to this area on April 30. 1870 to work at Tredal farm. She comes from Akerø parish and her birth is listed in the church book for Lunddalen, this entry sais. (on the top, no. 4) Kildeinformasjon: Møre og Romsdal fylke, Sunndal, Ministerialbok nr. 590A05 (1847-1877), Inn- og utflyttede 1870, side 405. Permanent sidelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

NOW I have found another Marit Larsdtr moving out (and this one is better.. :-) She is called Marit Larsdtr GJØRA, born Aug. 7. 1846, with father named Lars Gundersen, moving to Vefsn parish on April 17. 1875. (no. 15) Kildeinformasjon: Møre og Romsdal fylke, Sunndal, Ministerialbok nr. 590A05 (1847-1877), Inn- og utflyttede 1875, side 417. Permanent sidelenke: LenkeAnne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

Marits confirmation Oct. 12. 1862 (no. 18) Kildeinformasjon: Møre og Romsdal fylke, Sunndal, Ministerialbok nr. 590A05 (1847-1877), Konfirmerte 1862, side 227. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2293&idx_id=2293&uid=ny&idx_side=-238>LenkeHer parents are Lars Gunnersen and Gjertrud ... dtr Gjøra. (Cannot see her name)Here they are at Gjøra in the 1865 census. (Marit is not living at home.)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

Er det noen som vet hvor Rokset er? Jeg synes det står Krsund etter Rokset. Eller bekrefte eller avkrefte om jeg har lest rett? (I am asking if anyone knows the location of Rokset.)Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.