Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#79608] Svenevik & Aavik i Spangereid

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
 Del

In 1900, Jørgen Kristiansen & wife Johanna are shown living at Aavig, under gnr 134, bnrs 1,2,3,4,5. Also, when their son, Karl Otto, was confirmed in 1882, he was shown residing at Aavig. See permanent sidelenke: LenkeHowever, according to the Matrikkelutkastet av 1950 (and to O.Rygh), Aavig is gnr 133. Gnr 134 is Svennevik øvre.I thought there might be a bruk under Svennevik called Aavig. There is Aaviksneset (bnr 24). But this is a different bruk number than was shown in the 1900 census.I am confused! Can someone explain this to me?Hilsen Patti Mikkelsen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Torodd Kinn

Hi Patricia!Gard no. 134 Åvik is a fairly small area in the place called Åvik.Svennevik øvre, gard no. 134, is a large area stretching from Svennevik proper south to and including parts of the place Åvik.That is, the property borders don't quite match the geography.I've used a map facility at the internet site of Lindesnes kommune to work this out. I've copied two maps showing gards no. 133 and 134. Since I don't understand how to put them in here, I've uploaded them to my own site: LenkeI don't want to leave it there 'for ever', so you might want to print the page or download a copy to your own computer.Best, Torodd

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Thank you Torodd!I have viewed the maps on your site and copied the link, so I can go back to the mapping site later if I need to. Thank you for posting them. I see that the areas overlap.So, is it correct to say -- that Jørgen Kristiansen lived in the place called Åvik, but at the farm called Svennevik?Again, many thanks for your reponse.mvh Patti

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.