Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#80599] portrett av Biskop Jacob Jensen Jersin - check records of arkiv in Kristiansand

Gjest Tybring Hemphill
 Del

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I have tried in a previous posting to locate the portrait of Jacob Jensen Jersin that hung in the cathedral of Kristiansand in 1886 but has been missing since probably 1911. I wonder if anyone knows anything of this portrait of The onetime Bishop of Kristiansand Jacob Jensen Jersin who died in that city in 1694 (He was earlier Bishop in Stavanger) The 'Katalog over Malede Portraetter i Norge', printed in 1886 lists the portrait as hanging in the Cathedral in Kristiansand. That Cathedral was finished in 1885 and still exists, but the officials say they know nothing about the panting. It did not appear in an inventory of the cathedral done in 1911. Other portraits listed in the book as belonging to the cathedral in 1886 still belong to the cathedral. If anyone has the time and ability to check the statsarkiv in Kristiansand, I understand that that is where the church records for the period 1886-1911 would be kept and they may show on a close examination when and why the portrait went missing. Thank you to anyone who may be able to help resolve this mystery of the first bishop of Kristiansand.Tybring

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.