Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#81213] Laersvigenstranden or Saether around 1869

Gjest Pat Jouppi
 Del

Gjest Pat Jouppi

Looking for the origen of my Great-grandfather Cornelius Petersen in Norway. Are these place names or farm names? He emmigrated in 1869 to Minnesota, Ottertail County. His Bible states he was born in Trondheim, 11 Feb 1831. I am looking for any clues.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Svein Davidsen

Hi Pat,I cannot help you with Laersvigenstranden or Saether, but Sæther is a very common placename in Norway. As I have't lived in Norway for over 55 years others may help you there.So far I have not been able to find your Cornelius either, but I just wanted to check if you are certain about the emmigation date of 1867? If that date is correct he should be in Norway in 1865 when the census was taken, unless of course he was in the UK or a seaman, etc.In the 1865 Norwegian census there are over 700 Cornelius and about the same number of Kornelius, but when you start to add DOB, surname, etc your Cornelius cannot be found. If you want to search the site is [url="http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebMeta.exe?slag=vismeny&katnr=1&emnenr=3&spraak=n>LenkeI have also searched the scanned church registers for Trondheim for 1831, but I have not found your Cornelius, but there I may have missed the entry. You can try on

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Marion Røen

There are Sæter farms at Lexvikstranden in Nord-Trøndelag (across the fiord from Trondheim). Was Cornelius married when he left for USA ?Aud Marion Røen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei!I think this is your family in 1900 Otter Tail, Fergus falls, MN:Cornelius Petersen (b. Feb 1831) married to Karen (b. Jan 1843)..Karen immigrated 1870 and Cornelius 1869 (as you stated)...Perhaps it would help the search 'over there' in Norway to know that in the 1900 census, Cornelius has a son Peter, b. March 1877 (in MN),and Peter is married to Sophie (b. Aug 1872)...and Sophie immigrated 1893 from Norway.mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Aud Marion...answering your question, the census says they have been married 29 years (as of 1900)...so they must have been married 'over here'!hilsen fra Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Marion Røen

Yes, you are right. I have been trying to find Cornelius` birth; no luck so far. Is it possible to find Karen and Cornelius`marriage 'over there' ? Perhaps it will give his father`s name and his birthplace.Hilsen Aud Marion

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Pat!Do you know what church Cornelius and Karen were married in? Aud Marion's question is a good one...might lead to some helpful clues... mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aud Kalland Sterten

I have found a Gunerius born 11. feb 1831, - could he be the Cornelius you are looking for? Nord-Trøndelag fylke, Verran i Ytterøy, Ministerialbok nr. 744A01 (1817-1842), Fødte og døpte 1831, side 96-97. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=2497&idx_id=2497&uid=ny&idx_side=-51>LenkeGunerius Pedersen in Leksvik in 1865. LenkeNelius Peders. Holthe leaving Trondheim in 1869.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei igjen... I wonder if this helps at all... There is a 'beta' proto-type search at Familysearch.org I just learned about this recently from our local library.At that site I found a reference to Karen PeDerson, born 1843 and died July 16, 1911 in Fergus Falls. Her parents are listed as Erick Back and Carie Bakken. I am not sure if this Karen was the wife of Cornelius...but the birth year matches... Wonder if you experts in Norway can find Karen's family 'over there'...maybe she lived near to where Cornelius is from????Also Karen and Cornelius are listed with their son Edward in the 1910 census in Fergus Falls. It is Edward who is married to 'Sofie'(I misread the 1900 census...thought Sophie was married to Peter)...Edward and Sophie have 4 children in 1910.mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Here is one Karen Eriksdatter, born 8 January 1843 in Rendalen, Hedmark county, daughter of Erik Olsen Nedre Bakken and Kari Haagensdatter - Hedmark fylke, Rendal, Ministerialbok nr. 4 (1829-1852), Fødte og døpte 1843, side 75. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9192&idx_id=9192&uid=ny&idx_side=-77>Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Erik Olsen and Kari Haagensdatter in the 1865 public census - [url="http://www.digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=6&filnamn=f60432&gardpostnr=458&personpostnr=2373&merk=2373#ovre>LenkeKarens baptism - LenkeErik and Kari also had these children:Haagen, 1831 - LenkeOle, 1833 LenkeSiri, 1836 LenkeJohn, 1837, baptism 1838 - LenkeErik, 1839 LenkeHalvor, 1841 LenkeKaren, 1843Martin, 1844 LenkeHere is the marriage record for Karen's parents - LenkeAnd look here, Karen Eriksdatter Back, born 1843, Rendalen, servant maid, living in Trondheim(!) in 1865 -

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Grethe!VERY interesting!!!One of the censuses I looked at (can't remember which...might have been 1910, said that Karen immigrated 1868 or 1869...I know the 1900 census had a different immigration year for her)...mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

What made me wonder if this might the right Karen, was that the parents of the above mentioned Karen (#13) was listed as Erick Back and Carie Bakken. And this Karen was born in January 1843.Grethe

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Grethe Flood

Here is the confirmation record for Karen - Hedmark fylke, Rendal, Ministerialbok nr. 5 (1853-1866), Konfirmerte 1858, side 183. Permanent sidelenke:  [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8902&idx_id=8902&uid=ny&idx_side=-169>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeIn 1860 her elder brother, Erik, left Rendalen for Trondheim – (udflyttede 1860): Hedmark fylke, Rendal, Ministerialbok nr. 5 (1853-1866), Inn- og utflyttede 1860, side 321. Permanent sidelenke:  Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke In 1861 her brother Halvor Eriksen, born 1841, also moved to Trondheim - Hedmark fylke, Rendal, Ministerialbok nr. 5 (1853-1866), Inn- og utflyttede 1861-1862, side 323. Permanent sidelenke:  Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke Martin, born 1844, followed his brothers in 1864 - Hedmark fylke, Rendal, Ministerialbok nr. 5 (1853-1866), Inn- og utflyttede 1864, side 369. Permanent sidelenke:  Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke And here is Karen in 1865 moving to Trondheim - Hedmark fylke, Rendal, Ministerialbok nr. 5 (1853-1866), Inn- og utflyttede 1865, side 371. Permanent sidelenke:  Lenke Permanent bildelenke: 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Yes, Grethe...it all seems to 'fit'...In the 1910 census, Karen's immigration is given as 1868.Also by 1920, Cornelius is age 88 and widowed (karen died) and he is still living with son Edward and family in Fergus Falls..mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hi Pat!So how does this look to you...any comments?Do you know how to respond in this forum...not sure if you have 'been here' before... So I'll give you the steps (sorry if I am telling you something you know)...'Hit' the pencil at the bottom of the page, then hit Logg på (you will 'log in' with your email address)...when you finish writing in the 'white box', hit 'legg inlegget på plass' (you will see your entry again)...then hit 'legg inllegget på plass' again...you are done!I do apologize if you know all these steps to making an entry...but it will be nice to know if we are on the right track in the search for info about Cornelius...mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.