Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#82033] Eigersund - Eigersund Parish Register missing years 1828-1854

Gjest Daniel Schwager
 Del

Gjest Daniel Schwager

I was wondering if the years of 1828-1854 will ever be added for Rogaland-Eigersund-Eigersund? I have used the available years which are very useful. Are they missing forever or just not converted yet?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

I don't think Eigersund/Eigersund parish and Eigersund/Ogna parish are the same thing. I thought that the town of Egersund had a church and the town of Ogna had a church also.I did find my relatives in the Eigersund/Eigersund parish registers for 1855-1871, so that is the correct parish.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Halvorsen

Hi Daniel,I will suggest you take Kristians advise and follow his link on where to look. After all, he is qualified for an expert opinion being a member of the staff at the National Archives of Norway !This shows the first page of the Ministerialbok in mention Lenke and it states that this is the records for the parish of Egersund starting 4 Feb 1827.Hope you find what you are looking for !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Halvorsen

As additional confirmation that this book contains the records of church ceremonies including Egersund church, take a look at the very first sentence of the Diary records at page 607a. Translated it says that on the 5th Sunday after Epiphany the seremony was held at the Egersund church Lenke In 1827 this was 4 February.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

My apologies. So maybe this is correct that Eigersund-Eigersund and Eigersund/Ogna contain the same parish. I still cannot locate some of the family, but was able to find the first born child (of eight total children) in the Eigersund-Ogna register for 1854. I found the other seven children in the Eigersund/Eigersund registers (1856-1875).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Kjell Halvorsen

No apologies needed, Daniel. The shifting of parish-names and what districts they covered up thru the centuries can at times be very hard to follow even for us Norwegians. Often really in-depth geographical knowledge of an area is what it takes to locate the correct set of records !

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.