Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#82089] Help Reading Rogaland-Eigersund/Ogna Parish Birth Entry

Gjest Daniel Schwager
 Del

Gjest Daniel Schwager
LenkeName is JAKOB MIKAEL (possibly my gg-gfather). I find this entry very hard to read...Is birth date 4 Apr 1831? My Jakob Mikael's last name was Thorsen, so looking for a father named Thor. (Jakob Mikael in the 1850's had also used the farm name of Fuglestad - he is entered in his children's birth records as Jakob Mikael Thorsen Fuglestad.) Is that was it says? Can anyone help me with reading the names of the parents and/or the godparents.Any help much appreciated.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager
Lenkesee also line 18 for Johan. Jakob Mikael had a brother named Johan born 1834. Parents on Johan's entry look the same as Jakob Mikael's, but I cannot read Johan's parents or godparents names either.
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

And also if anyone can identify the parents of Ingeborg Olsen, the future wife of Jakob Mikael. I am suspecting the mother to be Barbro Haavarsdotter, but can't identify the father.

bilete10339.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1583&idx_id=1583&uid=ny&idx_side=-367>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeCorporal Thor Johannessen, son of Johannes Ellingsen Fuglestad, born at Fuglestad in Ogna, by marriage living in Egersund, married 28. Sept. 1830 Inger Maria Jensdatter, born at the farm ..... in Lyngdal, daughter of Jens ........In the Ogna 'bygdebok' you will find a lot more about the ancestors of Thor (called Thore born 1804 in the book). The family lived at 'Litle Bjelland', a part of the Fuglestad farm in Ogna.Thores father: Johannes Ellingsen Fuglestad 1782-1853, from Sirevåg, married 1803 Malena Toresdatter Matningsdal 1776-1859.Parents of Johannes: Elling Sigbjørnsen Sirevåg 1752-1834 from the Haver farm, married 1775 Guri Johannesdatter Buerskog ab. 1742-1829.Malena's parents: Tore Ellingson Matningsdal 1727-1776, born at Matningsdal, married second wife Inger Larsdatter from Bjerkreim kommune, born ab. 1733, daughter of Lars Aslakson Gåsland, Bjerkreim.I think you find data about Inger Marie here, daughter of Jens Tønnessen and Engel Haavigstad in Lyngdal, Vest-AgderPermanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeHere is the family in the 1801 census

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

BARBRO HAAVARSEN Pedigree Female Event(s): Birth: Christening: 12 NOV 1798 Egersund, Rogaland, Norway Death: Burial: Parents: Father: HOVAR MICHELSEN Family Mother: INGEBOR IVERSDRFamily in Egersund in 1801 censusLenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=944&idx_id=944&uid=ny&idx_side=-86>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: LenkeHere at the right hand I rthink you find the Ole Simonsen, born in Søgne, babt. 26. Aug. 1804, father Simon Syvertsen Høllen (which I think it says when he marries also: Simon Sivertsen, see link 6) and mother Ingeborg DanielsdatterAnd this is probably the right family in the 1801 census, at Høllen, Søgne (Here he is called Siomon Sørensen, but still I think it is the father of Ole born 1804)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

Maybe to back up a little bit..about Barbro Haaverdatter: I first found Barbro's name when looking at 1865 census for my g-grandfather Jacob M.T. (Mikael Thorsen) Fuglestad for Egersund. It has Barbro's family status as 'Hus Muder' and occupation as 'naerer sig ved Syming'. All I could tell was that she was an elder in the household, but not her relationship to Jacob. Was she his mother or his mother-in-law? I could not tell what her occupation meant.1. What means 'naerer sig ved Syming'?about Jakob Mikael Thorsen Fuglestad: Jacob (and several generations back) were listed as occupation 'Skomager'. I tried to translate and it comes up shoemaker. In the baptism records for Jacob's children, he is listed as Skomager Jacob Mikael Thorsen Fuglestad.2. Was it customary to list a man's occupation as his title? Shoemaker Jacob Fuglestad? On 1875 census, he is listed as 'Skomager og arbeider paa Fayancefabriken' Shoemaker and working at a ceramics factory? I don't think ceramics factory needs shoes? 3. What was Jacob's birth date on parish birth record above? What was baptism date? I could not read this priest's handwriting at all.about Barbro's relationship to Jakob: Went looking for Barbro on 1801 census and found her. Still did not know her relationship to Jacob. Needed either: baptism record for Jacob Fuglestad (1831) to list parents or; baptism record for wife Ingeborg Olesdatter (1836) to list parents or; marriage record for Barbro (18??) to show her husband. Found Jacob's possible parish baptism record (shown above) and possible Barbro's marriage record here:

bilete10356.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

4. On Barbro's marriage record, what is the title before Ole Simonsen (looks like Unglave) and before Barbro (looks like Matson Opiga). 5. What does the column inbetween the bride&groom and parent's names say? Circled in red. 6. What do columns to the far right say? Circled in red.about Barbro and husband Ole Simonsen: If Barbro was born in 1798 and Ole Simonsen was born in 1804, on their wedding day - Barbro is 34 years old and Ole is only 28? I could not find Ole Simonsen on 1801 census in Rogaland. Barbro was no spring chicken! Yet, Ole is gone by 1865 census when she is living with her children.7. Are we sure we have correct Ole Simonsen?about Jacob's father, Thore Johannessen Fuglestad: Thank you for the link to the marriage record of Thore. You mention the Ogna 'bygdebok', which I had not heard of until your post. I have only found one picture of Fuglestad farm at norwegianroots.xanga.com and it looks like it would not support many people. Of course, I am very interested in knowing about the farm which gave my grandmother her last name here in the USA - although actually we all knew it as Fogelstad until I found my gg on the 1865 census for the first time a few weeks ago.Perhaps I should start another post, but my mother and I will be coming to our second trip to Norway next summer on a fjords cruise. We will be stopping in Stavanger and I would very much like to see Fuglestad farm and the town of Egersund. I am not sure I would even know how to find it on a map. I would also like to see the church where all of these records came from if it still exists..

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Källa: Piteå landsförsamlings kyrkoarkiv, Förhörsböcker, SE/HLA/1010154/A I/10e (1862-1870)1) nærer sig ved Syming (should be sying) means occupation: sewing (clothes)skomager = shoemaker.2) yes, it was customary to list a man's occupation as his title.yes, Skomager og arbeider paa Fayancefabriken = Shoemaker and working at a ceramics factoryA lot of people worked at Egersund Fayancefabrik, and I think Jacob worked as a shoemaker in addition to the fabric work, so these two jobs had nothing to do with each others.Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1716&idx_id=1716&uid=ny&idx_side=-17>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke Marriage 16. June 1853 in Egersund: Jacob Michael Thorsen, son of Thor Johannessen Fuglestad, and Ingeborg Olsdatter, daughter of Ole Simonsen.In your link 4 you have put the birth record of this Ingeborg, which shows that Ingeborg is daughter of Ole Simonsen and Barbro Haaversdatter. Son she was the mother-in-law to Jacob Michael Thorsen Fuglestad, shoemaker and also fabric worker.As far as I can see, you have added the babtism record of Jacob Michael Fuglestad in link 3, born June 4 and babt. June 19, 1831. Father Thor Johannessen Fuglestad, mother Maria Jensdatter, (living in) EgersundMy link 6 shows the marriage of Ole Simonsen and Barbro Haaversdaughter.6) The rest of the info at marriage tells who were the best men, date of announcing the marriage in the church and date for vaccination of bride and groom. Ole Simonsen was 29 years old and barbro Haaversdatter 34 when they married.4) Ungkarl/ Matros means bachelor/ seaman. Those two words are for Ole SimonsenPige means not married before5) Brudgommen fød i Søgne Sogn, opholdenr sig i Egersund, Bruden fød i Egersund, means that the groom is born in Søgne parish, now staying in Egersund (therefore we are sure that the groom I found in 8 is the right man), bride born in Egersund.6) You can not find ole Simonsen in Rogaland, since he was born in Søgne in Vest-Agder, after 1801.7) I am sure that this is the right Ole Simonsen, for the reasons I have already mentioned in 6 and 8 above.http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogna_kirkehttp://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egersund_kirke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

I can't find Ole Simonsen dead between 1850 and 1865[url="http://digitalarkivet.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&filnamn=gr11161850&spraak=n&metanr=4881>LenkeI looked through burials between 1824 and 1850, too, and did not find him.The last chikld they had, according to Familysearch, was Hanne Sørine babt Des. 1842.As he was a seaman, he could have died at sea.Permanent sidelenke: Lenke Permanent bildelenke:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

Ingeborg Danielsdatter Tufteland mentioned in link no. 8, was daughter of Daniel Olsen Tufteland 1733-1806 married with Maren Tollisdatter Føre 1735-1810. Their daughter Ingeborg born 1769 married Simon Syvertsen Høllen. Tufteland is also a farm in Søgne, Vest-Agder.Daniel's parents: Ole Danielsen Tufteland born 1704, 1725 married to Anne Rasmusdatter Åros ab. 1703-1786Ole Danielsen's parents: Daniel Jacobsen Tufteland 1659-1736 and Ingeborg Mortensdatter RosselandDaniel Jacobsen's parents: Jakob Olsen Tufteland 1628-1691, mother unknown

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest erling t. endresen

To one of your questions in link no. 9: Hus moder means 'house mother', mother or 'head' of the house.And more: Fuglestad consists of several farms, and I think it will not be easy to find out exactly where 'you're' Fuglestad farm was placed.Ogna church and Ogna railway station are placed not far from the Fuglestad farms.Different spellings through the years: 1519: Føuelstad1521 Ffogelstad1610: Fuglestad1616: Fugellstad1668, 1723: Fuglestad

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

Many thanks to Erling T. Endresen for taking the time to relay this information! I will check into getting the Ogna bygdebok and learning some more about Fuglestad farm.Be warned that I have started on my g-grandmother's family in Telemark which will be my next post. You helped considerably in navigating the records here.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.