Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#82257] Several questions about Dalen family in Gransherad, Telemark

Gjest Daniel Schwager
 Del

Gjest Daniel Schwager

I was able to locate my g-grandmother, Anne Petersdtr. Dalen (1871) in Gransherad, Telemark. Her parents were Peter Høljesen Dalen (1849) and Margith Olsdtr. (1842). She had two brothers: Hølje (1873) and Halvor (1887); and one sister: Aslaug (1884).Anne Petersdtr. Dalen emmigrated to USA in 1890 alone at age 19. Her parents, Peter and Margith and baby brother Halvor emmigrated to USA in 1898. So, I wonder what about Hølje and Aslaug?I was able to find that Hølje died in 1896. I could translate part of the death record to say that he had drowned in Lake Tinn, but something else underneath not sure what says:

bilete10381.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

The emmigration record for the parents (without Aslaug) have some note about her confirmation, but I am not sure what it says. I am including both here:

bilete10382.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

Here is Aslaug's confirmation record two years later. The parents are listed, but must have been in the US. Does it say who is taking care of her?

bilete10386.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

I looked through the remaining Emmigration records after Aslaug's confirmation in 1900 and could not find an entry for her to come to the US also. I know she did - we knew her as Aunt Alice.Also, if not too much trouble - if anyone has something about the family name Dalen and it's origins. I knew it means valley and gg-grandfather Hølje Tormodsen Dalen was in 1865 census as living on the Brændemoe farm, but I can't seem to locate it. Would Dalen be a subdivision of the Brændemoe farm?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Daniel Schwager

This is odd. I found Aslaug Dalen living with the priest's family on the 1900 census, occupation milkmaid. Her confirmation was on 30 Sep 1900. Aslaug's parents left Norway in 10 May 1898 - she would have been 14 years old when her parents left her.I am interested to know why her parents left her with the priest instead of taking her along to the USA.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.