Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#82421] Anna Magdalene Hoffmann (16?-1714) married Peter Gillison de Besche (1618-1674)

Gjest Tybring Hemphill
 Del

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

I am wondering if anyone has any idea of the parents of Anna Magdalene Hoffmann. She was married to Peter Gillison De Besche and was mother of the well known Apotheker of Bergen Johan de Besche. Peter de Besche supposedly came to Norway from Sweden to work at the Fritzø Jernverk making cannons.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lisbeth Wangen

Her parents was:Wichmann Pedersen Hoffmann and Bodil Sørensen Rye.Anna M was born in Denmark around 1690.And she died January 24 1757 in Sandefjord, Wichmann married Bodil February 14 1678.He was born around 1642 in Hordaland Norway.And died April 14 1713 in København Denmark.Bodil was born in København around 1656,and she died in København August 10 1722 in Denamark.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bodil Brøgger

This is interesting. According to some old family notes one of my foremothers were Henriette Margrethe Wickmand Hoffmand born in København 8.9.1684, dead 31.12.1722.She was married in København 23.12.1705 to Rasmus Nilsen Lindgaard. He wa born 19.3.1680 in Bergen, buried 16.3.1733 in Trondhjem. Tolder og Cancelliråd, Borgermester i Trondhjem 1705.She was the daughter of Commandeur Wickmand Hoffmand and Bodil Rye (København).In the probate after Commadeur Hoffmand og Bodilla Rye were among other things: 1 Diamant Kors = 60 Rd, 1 Par Diamant Ørenringe = 60 Rd, 1 Diamant Smykke med Rosenstener = 32 Rd, 1 liden Diamantring = 12 R 1 Diamant Smykke med Taffelstener, Min Sal. Kieristes Portrait indlagt i Guld = 8 RdIs this right? What are the sources for this and for the names and dates in (2)?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Lisbeth Wangen

All this names and dates was found on Familysearch.org and Familysearch/pilot.I was gonna try to find some further info,but was occupide with something else at the time.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Thank you for all of your replies.I think perhaps the Anna Hoffmann descibed by Lisbeth and Bodil is a different one than the one I seek. My Anna married a man who died in the 1670s so she could not have been born in the 1690s. Rather, she is likely to have been born in the 1640s or 1650s. I think that maybe the details of the skifte in the link from Trond may well concern the Anna Hoffmann that I seek. But who are her parents is the question that baffles me.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Based on the link supplied by Trond, I looked in the skifteprotokoll for Larvik and found the estate/skifte for Anna Magdalene. Unfortunately, given my limited Norwegian, I am unable to read the text properly. I did not see any obvious reference to any other person named Hoffmann, but may have missed something. Mostly it seems her estate is distributed to her children. Does it say when she actually died or is there any other valuable information from a genealogical perspective? I have tried several links as I am unsure which will work. The actual distribution of the estate is at page 284bPermanent page-link: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/25451/282>http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:sk_read/25451/282Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trond Arild Hansen

Children of Peter and Anna Magdalena:1. Gilles de Besche, living at Fridsoebachen, present at the estate on behalf of his brother2. Jan de Besche's children in Bergen (Jan is dead) and sister3. Chatrine de Besche, married to sr. Christen Nielsen (living in Brevig). Lars Wichsten (called Lars Nielsen Portoer in the distribution), present at the estate, on behalf of his wife4. Anna Magdalena de Besche (living at Eidsteen).5. Sara de Besche, married to Jens Simmensen, both dead. They had a son, Petter, who was said to be living in Althono. And finally Hans Hansen Gartner on behalf of his wife6. Dorthea de Besche.The other people mentioned were to take care of the distribution, creditors etc... (as far as i can see)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trond Arild Hansen

The value of her belongings was estimated dec 17th, 1714, so she died before that date. There is no other information in the estate. She probably died some time in 1714, but that's just a guess.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Tybring Hemphill

Thank you, Trond for all of your help with this family. Although we have not identified the parents of Anna Magdalene, perhaps we may guess about there names based on the names of her children. Since Peter Gillison's parents were Gillis de Besche an Sara Dionysia, it is reasonable to guess that Anna Magdalene Hoffmann's parents were Jan Hoffmann and Cathrine Hoffmann fodt? What do you think?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Trond Arild Hansen

I agree, but remember that 'Jan' could be a misspelling of 'Johan'. Johan de Besche is not mentioned in the estate, and i guess he had descendents?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.