Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#82436] Anyone know where Homepass is?

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson
 Del

Gjest Terje Hatvik

By the term/ expression 'an o with an a' I understand that you mean the vowel _å_ which indeed is the letter _a_ with a minor _o_ above, which by the way also is the 29.th and last letter in the norwegian alphabet. Thus, you are asking for the exact location of 'Håmepass' here:I must however admit that I don't know where this place is, or if it is a place? So unless this is some kind of passport (a 'pass' in modern norwegian, 'passerseddel' is an older term); this could also be a slight maltranslation of the parish and village 'Hønefoss' in Buskerud county - as alredy suggested by Aase here. Furthermore, it can also be a very small and perhaps now abandoned place, like for example a cotters' farm.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Aase R Sæther

Sorry, Mary, I meant to translate my message: What is written in your question is 'o with a /' - that is 'o with a slash', and that must be Ø, not Å as suggested in (2) and (4).

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Terje Hatvik

Ok Aase, then I clearly misinterpreted the sign / not as the diagonal line in the letter Ø, but as a slash used to separate two different expressions or words, hence my attempt (obviously in vain) to explain the word in question. But then you enlightened me :) so now I agree with you, Aase.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary Ellen Peterson

Thank you so much. I think Hønefoss, located in Buskerud is the place I am looking for. I have Peter A. Peterson b. 21 April 1844 there. But I see the church records do not go back that far, so I suppose I am not going to find him. Thanks,

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson

Thank you, I checked for births there just now, but did not find him. Maybe his birth date is incorrect. Any other suggestions? Mary Ellen

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson

I do not know for sure, because there were so many with the same name. I found in the 1870 census one who I think my be him, if so his father was Peter Peterson and Mother Betsy. The best clue I have is his birth date and 'Hønepass, Norway'(as it was written on the information given to me) I looked in the Lesa/Dovre births and did not find him. These are great suggestions from all of you. Thank you so much.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Knut Sandblost

What does the 'A' stand for in Peter A. Peterson?Do you know the names of his children? They might have been named after the grandparents.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson

Yes, that is why I thought the Peter Peterson b. abt 1810 in Norway and wife Betsy b. abt 1820 in Norway from the 1870 census may be the right parents of Peter Peterson b. 1844 in Norway and came in 1854. Peter married Mary Thompson in 1868 in Wisconsin and their children were: Annie, Betsy, Peter, Thomas, Lewis, Albert, Oscar, Carl, Herman, and Pauline. The first 4 could be names of grandparents. Thanks

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson

Thanks, this may be him, not sure. You helped me to realize that his father was not necessarily Peter. Coming so early, (1854)Peter could have taken his father's last name. In 1880 he was in Chippewa Co., Wisconsin for sure. In 1870, there are two single men named Peter Peterson who are the right age, so this is really confusing.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.