Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#82454] Women's clothing in Norway and Sweden in the 1800's

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton
 Del

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

I have received a picture of my gt. gt. grandparents in Sweden. The mother's dress resembles the dress worn by my gt. gt. grandmother in Norway - small buttons on the top of the dress with full skirt covered by another shorter skirt or apron (?). Also all the pictures show scarves worn by the mothers on all of my 3 gt. gt. grandmothers that I have pictures of. Anyone have a comment on their clothing? Thank you.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Jon Erik Berg-Hansen

I'm not the one to give you an answer, but posting the pictures here would certainly increase your possibilities of getting one!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

I regret to say I have not learned how to post pictures!! What I can say is the dresses are long sleeved with buttons to the waistline and the two full skirts (one to the floor and one shorter as an apron). The scarves are to the shoulders.Carla Tweeton

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Jon,I think I'm 'sunk' until I get some help with the picture. There are a whole lot of #'s and letters and then/Foton till Carla .doc/ CT

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Per Håkon Christiansen

Your question, Carla, is rather general and far-reaching. It is a question of period, city vs district, and of course which particular district, rich and poor, profession and position, clothes for which occation? etc. How do people in the world dress today? Impossible to give a general answer, of course. But you can maybe get some hints if you look at the old photos in the museum photo bases, like http://www.digitaltmuseum.no and then select 'dress' when asked for what to search for ('søkeord'). If you tell us when and where your 2nd and 3rd great grandmother lived, someone could also perhaps find links to local literature with portrait photos for you, which might be illuminating.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Carla J. Tweeton

Gunn and Per,Thank you for your advice. I think the closest dress to the ones I was trying to explain is at the Http://www.folkdrakt.se/bild/skane/skane.htm site. In the 4th row of pictures down it reads 'Kvinna i kyrkdräkt,Järrestad, Skåne' or Woman in church dress. The scarf is tied under the chin in my pictures. My gg grandmother came from Hadeland in Norway and the other 2 from Smaland in Sweden.Thank you,Carla

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.