Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#82499] Census New Jersey 1920, Hanna Sørlie

Gjest Bjørnar Iversen
 Del

Gjest Bjørnar Iversen

Er det noen som kan gjøre oppslag i folketelling i USA i 1920, New Jersey. Det gjelder Hanna Sørlie som reiser til USA i 1916, og oppgir som adresse 68 (eller 60) Hamilton Rd, East Orange, NJ. Hun skal besøke en Harda? JACKSON på den adressen. Det er siste spor jeg har av henne. Hun kom med Hellig Olav til Ellis Island den 3 oktober 1916.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

Hei Bjørnar!How is Hanna 'Sørlie' spelled at Ellis Island record?...perhaps 'sorlie'??I looked around for the Jackson person in 1910 and 1920..not sure what the first name (?Harda) should be....Just to help others a bit...East Orange is in Essex county, NJ.mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørnar Iversen

It's spelled Sorlie, Soerlie or Sorlee. She is also registred in nov. 2 1903 on Ellis Island when she came there the first time. She is born in Brandval, Solør in 1869.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørnar Iversen

Hi. Did you find her in the 1910 census? I think she lives in Brooklyn at that time. On her first trip (1903) she gave an adress in Brooklyn to the passanger list.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

I have tried many spellings of her last name...including the one from the 1903 Ellis Isl. record (sorlee)...the only name that comes close is 'hannah sorley' working as a servant/cook... in Manhattan, NY...she is age 40, and the immigration year is not given. ('unknown')... I think the name of the family she is living with is 'Pomeroy'...the name is hard to read...mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Bjørnar Iversen

Hanna was born in 1869, she schoud be 51 years old in 1920. I don't think this Hanna you found in Manhattan is the right Hanna. In 1903, The passanger record says she was going to visit Anna Nilsen, 1-4 place, Brooklyn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Patty Dahl

I do understand the age is off...but there were 2 other servants living in the family...and no info was given for their immigration either...so I wonder how much the person giving this census info really knew about the servants...and perhaps it was just a guess regarding ages!and of course Brooklyn is just a hop, skip and a jump from Manhattan!mvh Patty

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.