Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#83112] help to read birth entry

Gjest ole vidar nilsen
 Del

Gjest ole vidar nilsen

hi can someone please help me to read what is written at the end of the birth entry for svanhild elisa entry number 23 female i know that the mother and father are not married and the child must have been born under circumstances as the mother was born 1880 and was later married to my great grandfather gustav nilsen (12 oct 1901)the child did not live with her mother in the 1910 census but was living with her in the 1900 census in the 1900 census svanhild is a pleiedatter which i dont know what it means in the 1910 census svanhild is living with her grandmother ole vidar

bilete10655.jpg

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anne-Lise Hansen

Hello, Ole Vidar.It just sais that the information given about the child being born out of wedlock is 'Reported by the child's grandmother (maternal grandmother) Elise Marie Hansen Biodden.' Anne-Lise

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Anniken Lindaas Kolstad

Here is the link to census 1900 :LenkeIt says that her grandfather is taking care of Svanhild, that Svanhild is a 'foster-daughter'. 'Pleie' means tend, nurse, look after but in this context it means also that she is provided for economically by her grandfather which is No 1 in this household. (Sorry I do not know the exact English word for 'pleiedatter'!)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.