Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#83572] Sarpsborg, Østfold, Norway 1855-1865

Gjest Arlene B. Nelson
 Del

Gjest erling t. endresen

Arlene: I wonder if you need more. I coudn't find whether Caroline Thoresen or her parents Thor(e) Andersen and Christina Emanuelsdatter emigrated or not.I did not find info that could support for sure that the Albert Torsen in California/Alaska is the same person as Thorvald Albert Thoresen f. 1862 in Sarpsborg.It would be of interest if you could include a link or two to show us where we can find Albert Torsen, or what kind of information you have about him.If Thorvald Albert is your Albert, then it will be possible to find out even more about his ancestors in Sweden.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arlene B. Nelson

Thank you to all who are helping me with information for Thorvald Albert Toresen. I do not know if the Albert Torsen I am researching is the same Thovald Albert Toresen you are posting information about. I am hoping there is information on Thorvald Albert Toresen's family in Norway and Sweden that will help us all locate this family. This is what I have found for Albert Torsen, the man I am researching for family in Alaska and Washington, USA. December 1862 Albert Torsen born in Norway 1900 US Census 1879 age 17 emigration to US - mariner 1900 US Census left Trondheim, Norway family information 1883 age 21 immigration to US 1910 Census 17 May 1887 age 25 became a US citizen family notes 1 Nov 1889 age 27 found in San Francisco, CA local newspaper 1892 owners Thompson & Torsen Liquors San Francisco city directory 1894 age 32 listed as seaman San Francisco city directory 2 July 1897 age 35 married Tatiana Pestriakov Russian Church records - Alaska 1900 US Census name shown as Albert Sordson and Yatiania Sordson - Spruce Island, Southern Supervisors Dictrict, Alaska Albert reports his father was born in Norway and his mother born in Sweden. 1902 and 1904 two children born to this couple 1906 age 46 helped father in law build Russian Church from Historial Places inventory 1906 and 1908 two more children born to this couple 1910 US Census Albert Torson (Albert Torsen) Kodiak, Division 3, Alaska June 1912 Katmai Volcano Eruption covers Kodiak, Alaska. Albert and son Fred shovel ash to make path to get to village May 1913 daughter born church records 1917 Russian Revolution ended support for Russian Orthodox Church in North American, records for Kodiak area kept in ordinary notebook. 1917 son born to Tatiana church records with widow added at a later date 1918 World flu pandemic sweeps through Kodiak, Tatiana and her relatives die 1920 No record of Albert or Tatina Torsen 1920 censusWe do not know when Albert died. He drowned off of Spruce Cape, Kodiak Island. His body was recovered and buried in Kodiak. There is no record of his boating accident.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Vibekke Holm

HiMight this be a better candidate for your Albert? He left Norway from Trondheim 1880 and was going to Red Wing, Minnesota: Lenke His 'surname' is Torstensen, but it might have changed to Torson in US.His last residence in Norway was Bynæsset, but I'm not able to find him in any census or church-book so I don't know if he was born Des 1862 with norwegian father and swedish mother.VH

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arlene B. Nelson

I do not believe, as does the other Torsen researcher, that the Albert Torsen we are looking for left Norway from Trondheim. The Torsen family in Alaska was told Albert left Trondheim. What we now believe is his friend, Anton Larsen is the one who left Trondheim as he was from that area of Norway. Albert did tell his family that he had sailed around the Cape Horn of South America and came to San Francisco. What years he sailed we do not know but he must of been a young man at that time. Albert and Anton ended up as seamen in San Francisco, California, USA. In Alaska they married sisters, raised their families and spent the rest of their lives in Alaska. Anton did have family that came to Minnesota and Alaska. We know nothing about Albert's Norwegian beginnings or family history. Albert should be listed as a crewman from some Norwegian ship around 1879. Thank you for helping.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arlene B. Nelson

What happened to Thorvald Albert Toresen's parents? They were Thore Andersen born 10 August 1820 Lurin in Tanum Parish, Sweden and his wife Christina Emanuelsdotter born 16 February 1826 Krokstad, Göteborg, Sweden. They came to Sarpsborg, Østfold, Norway.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arlene B. Nelson

Thank you for helping me find information about Thorvald Albert and his confirmation.I believe he has another sister - Anne Marie Toresen born 15 April 1859 and Baptism/Christening date is 22 May 1859. Anne Marie must of died as she is not listed on the 1865 with parents and siblings Caroline and Thorvald Albert.Arlene

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Arlene B. Nelson

Thank you for your help. I see Anne Marie was buried 28 May. I do not know if Thor Andersen and Christina Emmanuelsdotter had any more children after Thorvald Albert was born December 1862? Information you have given me shows Christina died December 1866. I am looking through the marriage records to see if Thor Andersen remarried.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.