Gå til innhold
Arkivverket

[#83575] Ellestad: Norge till North Dakota

Gjest Chris Bingefors
 Del

Gjest Chris Bingefors

Ja, det är därför jag frågar - jag tror man måste söka dem via Norge. Det visar sig ju att Ellestad är relativt specifikt för Valdres och då kunde man få en ledtråd

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yvonne Morehouse

Oh, I'm sure I can help you with this (and you likely have some data I'd like to have) but I don't speak or read Norwegian. Can you contact me, please, at y.morehouse@comcast.net?Thank you. Yvonne Morehouse

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Bingefors

Yvonne,I posted this here to see if our Norwegian neighbors could help with your question on the Swedish board. They are infinitely better at identifying norwegians! We are trying to find Peter Hultgren´s first wife, Anna Ellestad. She could be the key to finding out who he was, since he obviously lived in Norway in the 1880s.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yvonne Morehouse

What a terrific help you are! Thank you Chris. I'm sure my Norwegian ancestors will find Peter Hultgren, Anna and Peter's family. Yvonne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Hanne Line O. Eide

Name: Peter August HultgrenGender: Male Burial Date: Burial Place: Death Date: 26 May 1944 Death Place: Staples, Todd, Minnesota Age: 90 Birth Date: 1854 Birthplace: Occupation: Race: Marital Status: Married Spouse's Name: Amanda Hultgren Father's Name: August Hultgren Father's Birthplace: Mother's Name: Mother's Birthplace: Indexing Project (Batch) Number: B02565-4 System Origin: Minnesota-EASy Source Film Number: 2243486 Reference Number: 1508Har dere sjekket om death certificate eller obituary inneholder mer informasjon?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yvonne Morehouse

I sent for the death certificate yesterday...it comes by snail mail, so two weeks at least. Cannot find an obit for the life of me. Thanks for your response...I need all the brains and eyes possible on this family. Especially, Peter's first wife, like to be Anna Ellested, born abt. 1854. Yvonne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yvonne Morehouse

To catch everyone up...researchers have found Peter Hultgren's first wife. She is the daughter of Ole Vilhelmsen (1817) and Anne Endresdatter (1831) of Norway. After 'my' Anne was born on Feb 13, 1853 in Vang, Oppland County, Norway, her parents Ole and Anne married and had more children. Ole owned the farm Ellestad, Gardnr 23, Bruknr 4, in Lom [Lomen] sogn, Vestre Slidre, Oppland. The bad news is Peter Augustsson Hultgren has not been found but I'm thinking he must have lived near or on the farm about the time the couple married about 1880. Also, I haven't found what happened to Annie in the U.S. but am still looking. Thanks to everyone who provided research, suggestions and information so far. Yvonne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

• 3 uker senere...
Gjest Yvonne Morehouse

Could someone please find Anna Essestad's marriage license using the information below so we can see what Peter Hultgren's real name was? This search is turning into a real nightmare! Thank you, Yvonne MorehouseIn the [swedish] census of 1880 there was no man called Peter August Hultgren or somewhat similar to that.1. In the emigration record there is a man called Per August Wikman born in 1853, May 20, who left for Norway in 1886. He was a laborer.2. There was a man called Gustaf Hugo Hultgren, born in 1853 in the western part of Sweden. He had obviously left Sweden already in circa 1880. There is no note where he had gone. He was a telegraph clerk. Both men were unmarried. (Per Swedgenco)Peter's partner/wife - Anne Ellestad (Aka Anne Olson, Anne Hultgren). Norwegian from Vang, Oppland County, Norway. Parents: Ole Vilhelmsen and Anne Endresdatter, Norway Born: Feb 13, 1854. Kildeinformasjon: Oppland fylke, Vang, Ministerialbok nr. 6 (1846-1864), Fødte og døpte 1853, side 33. Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=8999&idx_id=8999&uid=ny&idx_side=-36>Lenke Permanent bildelenke: Lenke Anne is single in 1881when she leaves Vang for Voss w/out children . Try Vossestrand for the marriage as the next closest locality.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Norodd Hagenson

Anna and Per Peterson's marriage 1881 (no. 4): LenkePer was a railwaylaborer, presumably working on the construction of Vossebanen (Beregen - Voss) which opened in 1883.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Bingefors

Probably this man, the farm name is Kofverhult:Post MÖN-F-11335Per Född 19/9 1853 i Kofverhult, Mönsterås (H) (Born)Far (Father) Persson, Jonas PeterMor (Mother, this is where he gets Hultgren) Hultgren, Gustava Fredri 34 år KofverhultÖvriga uppgifter Församlingskod: 86101 -------------- Källa: Mönsterås C:8

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Norodd Hagenson

The correct name must be Mjudehult, but there is an extra l before the d: MjuldehultObserve that Per is listed immediately after Anna moving into Voss: Lenke

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Bingefors

I don´t think my suggestion above is right, he emigrated to America in 1883. Mjudehult is in Karlslunda or Arby Chapel parish. Unfortunatley I cannot find any birth books for the relevant time. They may be included in Arby parish

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Bingefors

Finally! I have found him: Household census Mjudehult Per Petersson, farmhand, moves from Mjudehult in Karlslunda/Arby to Vossevangen, Norway 7 January 1881. He is the stepson of navy soldier Olaus Pettersson Löfving married to Stina Larsdotter. Per was born in Torsås 2 June 1853 (June and January are often mistaken in the American censuses) Source: Karlslunda AI:7 (1871-1886) Bild 184 / sid 176 (AID: v22790.b184.s176, NAD: SE/VALA/00179)The birth book in Torsås says Peter August (!) born 2 June 1853 to maid Stina Larsdotter (no father given) at Isaksmåla farm.Source: Torsås CI:8 (1839-1859) Bild 183 / sid 356 (AID: v41151.b183.s356, NAD: SE/VALA/00385)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Chris Bingefors

The data fits perfectly with his moving record in (39). He has been to Norway earlier, he has a note of 'work permit' 1880.This is definitely the right person, he obviously changed his name to Hultgren later, a very common name where he came from.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest Yvonne Morehouse

You researchers have been so gracious and helpful. Thank you! Until now, Peter Hultgren has had no past...not a good situation for anyone. Chris, your data also seems to fit with the birth of Anna and Peter's first child, a son named Ole. I don't have a birth date or place for Ole or their other born in Norway children but a good guess for Ole's birth is about 1880/1881. The man you have fleshed out appears now as quite adventurous and capable. He moves from Sweden to Norway to Canada and America where Anna's brother lived. I haven't yet found out what happened to Anna but Peter married for a second time in January 1892 in Aberdeen, So. Dakota to Norwegian Amanda Sophia Roxström (I have her ancestry). Peter and Amanda spent most of their lives in Todd County, Minnesota. He fathered four or five more children, was a farmer, and died at age 90. I am so appreciative of you researchers adding to Peter's early life history...most especially your notes about his likely work on the railroad, the work permit, the farm name and the name of his mother. I would spend months trying to tease out this important background information--it is extremely helpful. I extend my hand across the ocean to all of you. Yvonne

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Del

• Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

• Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.